What is the espadiva?
Espadiva® is a synthetically-manufactured combined medication, which has butylhioscine and ibuprofen (1) as active ingredients , which together have an anti-inflammatory and relaxing action on the smooth muscles of the gastrointestinal tract, kidney, and the female reproductive system.
To highlight: This drug belongs to the line of drugs with an antispasmolytic and anti-inflammatory effect, for the relief of patients with pain in the smooth muscles and is produced by the company named APOTEX LATAM. (two)
What is the espadiva used for?
- Espadiva® is a powerful antispasmolytic drug that inhibits prostaglandins, with anti-inflammatory and analgesic efficacy on colicky pain that occurs in the digestive , biliary, and reproductive tracts.
- It is used to treat:
Dosage and routes of administration of espadiva
Espadiva® is sold in a box with 2, 4, 10 or 20 tablets containing the combination of butylhioscine and ibuprofen. The route of administration is oral and the dose for information may be as follows:
- Adults and children over 12 years of age: 1 tablet every 6 hours as the maximum dose.
Espadiva Side Effects
The use of espadiva® can cause some of the following adverse effects in certain patients :
- Possible allergic reactions due to contact with any component of the formula.
- Fever , hives, and rashes may appear .
- Skin rashes, erythema exudativo multiforme, Stevens-Johnson syndrome .
- Pale and cold skin, dizziness, and nausea may also occur.
Important: Please stop using this medication and notify your doctor if any of these symptoms or any other not included in the list are observed.
Contraindications and warnings of espadiva
Treatment with espadiva® is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Hypersensitivity to any of the formula’s components.
- Patients with angioedema and bronchospasm induced by acetylsalicylic acid .
- People with myasthenia gravis, megacolon, glaucoma and prostatic hypertrophy.
- Children under 12 years of age.
- Patients with alterations in blood coagulation, liver, kidney or heart disease.
- During pregnancy or while breastfeeding .
You should know: Provide all the information about your health history to your doctor, before starting treatment with espadiva®.
Avoid if you have:
- Gastric or duodenal ulcer .
- History of nasal polyps.
- Intestinal obstruction.
- Pharmaceutical products such as espadiva®, must be administered with prescription or medical prescription.
- Avoid consuming this medicine without medical consent, if you are being medicated with other drugs for other pathologies.
- Do not administer this product for more than 5 days in a row.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children.
- Store this product in a cool, dry place.
University Professional in the area of Human Resources, Postgraduate in Occupational Health and Hygiene of the Work Environment, 14 years of experience in the area of health. Interested in topics of Psychology, Occupational Health, and General Medicine.