What is tamex?
Tamex® is the name of a medical product distributed commercially, which has the strength of working asan antihistamineand also as a powerful anti-inflammatory, thanks to its active compounds, calledbetamethasoneandloratadine.
Note: Tamex® is part of the line of medicines made byMedix Products laboratories. (1)
What is tamex for?
- Tamex® serves as an antiallergic, since its active compound loratadine is mainly responsible forblocking the histamine molecule, which when released by the immune system as a response to the defenses, leads to recognizable symptoms of allergy, even at times not required. Not to mention that betamethasone is part of the group ofglucocorticoid substances or corticosteroids, being powerful anti-inflammatories and immunosuppressants by blocking the channels for the activation of prostaglandins in the body (with additional relationship to blood pressure). (2)
- It is used to treat:
Dosage and routes of administration of tamex
Tamex® comes in a box-shaped presentation with 10 tablets or 20 tablets of 5.25 mg of both active metabolites (that is, 5 mg of loratadine and 0.25 mg of betamethasone), whose route of administration is oraltag. The doses of tamex® that are most recommended to patients are the following:
- Adults: It is recommended to Administer 1 tablet once or twice a day, accompanied by enough water.
side effects of tamex
Tamex® has certain effects or adverse reactions, with considerable frequency and are recognized in other glucocorticoid (corticosteroids) and anti-inflammatory drugs. For this reason, it is recommended to be aware of these reactions:
Important: Suspend the administration or use of this drug, if you experience the above adverse effects and your health situation worsens, in this case also see a specialist doctor.
Contraindications and warnings of tamex
Tamex® is prohibited for use in a certain patient population, in order to protect the health status of people against a negative interactionwith the components of this drug and that can lead to very serious consequences. Therefore, it is not indicated for the following cases:
- Allergy or hypersensitivity to the active components of the formula.
- Pregnancy and lactation .
- Mycosis infections.
- Children under 12 years old.
Avoid if you have:
- Hypokalaemia (low amount of potassium in the blood).
- Obstruction in the gallbladder.
- Prostatic hypertrophy.
- It is preferable to use this medicine under a strict prescription or prescription.
- This drug should be kept out of the reach of children.
- Keep stored at room temperature.
- Keep this pharmaceutical product reserved in a dry and well-sealed place.
University Professional in the area of Human Resources, Postgraduate in Occupational Health and Hygiene of the Work Environment, 14 years of experience in the area of health. Interested in topics of Psychology, Occupational Health, and General Medicine.