What is dexabion?
Dexamabion® is a commercial medicine developed byMerck(1) laboratories. In its composition it has the presence of vitamins of group B, lidocaine hydrochloride and dexamethasone as active ingredients, which allows to influence and benefit the activity of the Central Nervous System (CNS).
This vitamin complex called dexabion®, comes in the form of a solution for injection and the recommended dose is 3 ml every twenty-four hours for approximately five days, depending on the orientation of the treatment.
Note: Due to its composition and active ingredients, this medicine needs a prescription for its acquisition.
What is dexabion for?
Dexabion® is applied as a treatment, thanks to its anti-inflammatory qualities. We will mention below its main uses:
1. Neuritis, rheumatism, neuralgia and polyneuritis
Neuritis is an inflammation of the nerves that produces pain , as in the case of neuralgia, rheumatism and polyneuritis, they distribute pain through their ramifications.
To highlight: Dexabion® reduces the intensity of this type of pain and reduces inflammation in rheumatism, which is why it is used as an effective treatment. (two)
2. Low back pain, tendonitis and facial paresis
Low back pain is a painful disorder that affects the lower back related to pain and muscle injuries, where, as in the case of tendinitis and paresis, dexabion® is affective, allowing a reduction in pain, quickly and efficiently thanks to in the presence of dexamethasone. (3)
3. Pre and postoperative trauma
Thanks to the effectiveness of the dexabion® components, it is oriented for pre and postoperative trauma treatments, especially in cases where an immediate analgesic response is required. (4)
Dexabion Side Effects
All medicines have stipulated some possible side effects,which can develop during their use in treatments. We mention those of dexabion® below:
- Euphoria, insomnia and vomiting.
- Muscle weakness, irritability and nervousness.
- Increased intraocular pressure (pressure of intraocular fluid against the wall of the eye).
Important: If you have side effects and they do not disappear after stopping treatment, it is important to seek medical attention .
Contraindications of dexabion
Contraindications are factors that we must take into account, to reduce the risks of possible adverse effects that may occur. We mention below those of dexabion®:
- Do not indicate if the patient is allergic or hypersensitive to any of the components of the drug.
- Do not indicate whether the patient has glaucoma or tuberculosis.
- Do not indicate if there is any duodenal gastric ulcer.
- Do not indicate if pregnancy is suspected or if you are breastfeeding.
You should know: The Health History Must Be Mentioned , in order to indicate an adequate and pertinent treatment by the medical professional.
- Dexabion® is an injectable multivitamin complex, which allows the reduction and prevention of some health disorders.
- It has B complex vitamins such as vitamin B1, B12,pyridoxine, dexamethasone and lidocaine., ,
- Dexabion® is aimed at inflammation conditions that require an analgesic effect, allowing a quite effective reduction of symptoms.
- For doses of dexabion® in solution, quantities of 3 ml every 24 hours are recommended using a double-chamber needle or syringe.