What is action?
Acxion® is a synthetically manufactured medication whose formula contains phentermine (1) as an active ingredient, a chemical compound belonging to the line of anorexigenic medications, which promotes weight loss in obese people with associated comorbidity.
To highlight: This pharmaceutical product is produced by the company named Laboratorios IFA SA (2)
What is the action used for?
- Acxion® serves as an anorexigenic agent that acts on the central nervous system , causing decreased appetite through stimulation of the release of norepinephrine in the hypothalamus and intervenes as an aid in the treatment of obesity .
- It is used to treat:
- Exogenous obesity associated with arterial hypertension, dyslipidemia, type 2 diabetes mellitus, sleep apnea and osteoarthritis. (3)
Dosage and routes of administration of acxion
The presentation of acxion® is in a box with 15 or 30 tablets composed of 30 mg of phentermine . Administration is orally and the suggested dosage is as follows:
- Adults: It is recommended to take acxion® 30 mg one capsule a day, between 30 and 50 minutes before a meal and never after 7 pm.
Acxion Side Effects
Treatment with acxion® can cause some of the following adverse effects in certain people :
- Possible allergic reactions from contact with any component of the formula.
- It can cause insomnia .
- dry mouth
- Palpitations, nervousness and euphoria.
- Increased blood pressure and increased heart rate.
Important: If during the treatment with this medicine some of these effects appear or another one not included in the list, please suspend its use and consult your doctor .
Contraindications and warnings of acxion
The use of acxion® is contraindicated in the following circumstances:
- Hypersensitivity to any of the formula’s components.
- In patients with anorexia.
- In people suffering from withdrawal syndrome , insomnia or psychotic personality.
- During the period of pregnancy.
- During breastfeeding .
- Do not administer to children under 12 years of age.
You should know: Provide all the necessary information about your health history to your doctor, before starting treatment with acxion®.
Avoid if you have:
- Medication with monoamine oxidase inhibitor drugs.
- History of hypersensitivity to phentermine.
- Pharmaceutical products such as acxion®, must be administered with prescription or medical prescription.
- It is recommended to follow the instructions of your doctor to administer this medicine.
- Phentermine is an auxiliary drug in the treatment of obesity, therefore it is a complement to physical exercise and a good diet.
- This pharmaceutical product must be kept out of the reach of children.
- Store this medication in a cool, dry place.