What is the juzal?
Xuzal® is the name of a commercial line medical product , with anti-allergic characteristics thanks to its active compound of levocetirizine , whose main mechanism is to be an antihistamine for specific cases .
Note: xuzal® is part of the group of medicines that are made in Italy, thanks to the specialized laboratories of Aesica Pharmaceuticals. (1)
What is the juzal for?
- Xuzal® serves as an antihistamine medication thanks to the mechanism of action of levocetirizine, this means that it is an antagonist of the substance known as histamine . This molecule is activated to protect the immune system and causes certain symptoms that we know of the flu or allergy, which occurs even when there is no dangerous pathogen for the affected subjects. (two)
- It is used to treat:
- Seasonal allergic rhinitis.
- Perennial allergic rhinitis.
Dosage and routes of administration of xuzal
Xuzal® is available in a box presentation with 5 mg levocetirizine dihydrochloride tablets or also in the form of a bottle of solutions and drops of 2.5 mg or 100 ml, but they agree that its route of administration is oral. The doses of xuzal® both in tablets and solutions are as follows:
- Adults: Administer 1 tablet of 5 mg only once a day, preferably with plenty of water.
- Children: Administer a dose of 5 mg oral solution or drops one to two times daily.
Side effects of xuzal
Xuzal® has a powerful mechanism of action against histamine, however it can also cause certain adverse reactions with a slight frequency as it is very tolerable. The most well-known adverse reactions are the following:
- dry mouth
Important: If you experience any of the effects mentioned above during treatment with xuzal®, stop using it and see a doctor .
Contraindications and warnings of xuzal
Even with its prowess, xuzal® is not indicated for a certain number of patients because certain conditions , disorders or special conditions can worsen the health of the person using this drug. Therefore, it is not indicated for the following cases:
- Hypersensitivity to the active metabolites of the formula.
- Infants under 6 months.
- Renal insufficiency.
- Symptoms such as urinary retention .
Avoid if you have:
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia.
- Liver dysfunction.
- Fructose intolerance.
- Lactose intolerance .
- Spinal cord injury.
- This drug must be used under a strict prescription or medical prescription.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
- Store in a cool place at no more than a temperature of 25 °.
- Keep the boxes sealed to prevent deterioration.