What is vodelan?
Vodelan® is a synthetically manufactured combined drug , which belongs to the line of antibacterial drugs that contains ciprofloxacin (antibiotic) (1) and phenazopyridine (analgesic) (2) , two active ingredients with action on the urinary tract to attack infections that they attend with painful processes .
To highlight: This pharmaceutical product is made by the company called Laboratorio SIEGFRIED RHEIN, SA DE CV (3)
What is the vodelan for?
- Vodelan®, thanks to its two active ingredients, prevents bacterial cell transcription and replication, eliminating bacteria such as staphylococcus agalactiae , exerting a topical analgesic effect on the mucosa and urinary tract, alleviating the symptoms and discomfort of these infections .
- It is used to treat:
Dosage and routes of administration of vodelan
Vodelan® is presented in boxes with 14 tablets, containing 500 mg of ciprofloxacin and 100 mg of phenazopyridine hydrochloride. Administration is orally and its dosage as a guide can be as follows:
- Bacterial infections of the urinary tract in adults: One tablet every 12 hours for the time established by your doctor.
vodelan side effects
Treatment with vodelan® can cause some of the following adverse effects in certain patients :
- Allergic reactions due to contact with any component of the formula.
- Cutaneous rash, pruritus and fever .
- Nausea, anorexia and meteorism.
- Abdominal pain, dyspepsia, diarrhea and vomiting .
- Headache, tiredness, insomnia , irritability and tinnitus.
- Seizures, psychotic and other central nervous system reactions.
- Stevens-Johnson Syndrome .
- Serious liver disorders.
Important: If any of these symptoms or another that does not appear on this list occur, please discontinue use and consult your doctor .
Contraindications and warnings of vodelan
Treatment with vodelan® is contraindicated in the following circumstances:
- Patient hypersensitivity to any of the components of this drug.
- In children and adolescents who have not completed their growth stage.
- In patients with liver disease.
- During kidney disease.
- In people suffering from continuous gastrointestinal disorders.
- Patients with methemoglobinemia due to enzyme deficiency.
- In women during the period of pregnancy or during breastfeeding .
You should know: Before starting treatment with vodelan®, provide all the information about your medical history to your doctor.
Avoid if you have:
- History of hypersensitivity to any of the components of the formula.
- History of seizures.
- Previous liver damage.
- Pharmaceutical products such as vodelan® must be administered with a prescription or prescription.
- This product should be administered with caution in elderly patients.
- It must be taken into consideration that phenazopyridine must be administered for short periods.
- Do not change the dosage of this medication without your doctor’s approval.
- Consult your doctor if you have any questions during treatment with this drug.
- Keep this product out of the reach of children.
University Professional in the area of Human Resources, Postgraduate in Occupational Health and Hygiene of the Work Environment, 14 years of experience in the area of health. Interested in topics of Psychology, Occupational Health, and General Medicine.