Anti-inflammatories such as indarzona®, are medications that are aimed at reducing the inflammation produced in the tissues, which also allows a reduction in associated discomfort or pain and therefore act as analgesics.
In the following article, we will talk in depth about indarzona®, its main uses in medical treatments , possible side effects and contraindications.
What is the indarzone?
Indarzona® is a commercial drug produced by Streger laboratories (1) . In its composition it has indomethacin and dexamethasone, for which it is recognized for being oriented mainly to severe inflammation , especially in the joints.
This medicine comes in tablet presentations, for recommended doses of one tablet three times a day, that is, one every eight hours. The treatment should be adapted to its effects and the dose reduced after the second week.
Note: Due to its active principles and mechanisms of action, indarzona® is a medication that requires a medical prescription for its acquisition.
What is indarzone used for?
Due to its nature and action, indarzona® is mainly indicated for certain types of treatments . We mention below the uses of this medicine for your knowledge and understanding:
1. Rheumatoid, juvenile and acute gouty arthritis
Arthritis is an inflammation of the joints , which produces pain and stiffness from which different causes and different degrees of severity derive.
To be highlighted: Indarzona® is a medicine that allows the control of important cases of inflammation, allowing the reduction of symptoms and therefore, preserving the quality of life of the patient. (two)
2. Osteoarthritis and ankylosing spondylitis
Osteoarthritis is recognized as one of the most common forms of arthritis , being a wearing away of the cartilage that cushions the movement of the ends of the bones in the body. Spondylitis, on the other hand, is a more chronic version.
You should know: In both cases, indarzona® allows a reduction in pain and inflammation, thus favoring the control of symptoms and, therefore, providing the patient with an efficient tool for his illness . (3)
3. Bursitis, tendinitis, capsulitis and synovitis
In these health conditions, anti-inflammatory drugs allow maintenance of the patient’s quality of life and an effective treatment for their disorders .
Note: Thanks to the active ingredients and the mechanism of action of indarzona®, the symptoms of these conditions are reduced and they are controlled. (4)
Side effects of indarzone
All medicines have a stipulated list of possible side effects , which can develop during their use in treatments. We mention below those of indarzona®:
- Hair loss, skin rashes and burning.
- Dizziness, headache and fatigue.
- Nausea, vomiting and gastritis .
- Constipation, palpitations and hypertension.
Important: If side effects occur and do not go away when treatment is stopped, it is important to seek medical attention immediately .
Contraindications of indarzone
Contraindications are factors that we must take into account before starting medical treatment, thus allowing the reduction of the risk of adverse effects . We mention below the contraindications of indarzona®:
- Do not indicate if the patient is allergic or hypersensitive to any of the components of the drug.
- Do not indicate patients with systemic infections or immunosuppressed system.
- Do not indicate in patients with renal insufficiency.
- Do not indicate in patients with gastritis or ulcers, lupus or tuberculosis.
- Do not indicate if pregnancy is suspected or if you are breastfeeding.
You should know: Mentioning the health history is essential for the doctor to indicate an adequate and pertinent treatment , reducing the risk of consequences during the duration of the treatment.
- Indarzona® is a drug mainly oriented as a treatment for rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, spondylitis, among other conditions.
- Its active ingredients are dexamethasone and indomethacin, which provide them with their anti-inflammatory and analgesic qualities.
- Indarzona® comes in tablet or capsule presentation , in doses of one every eight hours, especially in cases of moderate or severe arthritis.
- The consumption of indarzona® is not recommended if pregnancy is suspected or if you suffer from immunosuppressive diseases or kidney failure.
University Professional in the area of Human Resources, Postgraduate in Occupational Health and Hygiene of the Work Environment, 14 years of experience in the area of health. Interested in topics of Psychology, Occupational Health, and General Medicine.