What is Severin?
Severin® is the name of a product and commercial medicine, having in its composition the active substance nimesulide , which has an antipyretic effect for fever and an anti-inflammatory effect for pain or inflammation.
Note: This drug belongs to the line of drugs from CHINOIN brand laboratories . (1)
What is severin for?
- Severin® has an analgesic and antipyretic (fever-fighting) mechanism of action, thanks to the presence of nimesulide. This substance is classified as a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory effect, inhibitor of COX-2 (prostaglandin-endoperoxide synthase 2) which, as is well known, its synthesis and release of proteins causes sensations of pain, fever or inflammation in the tissues. (two)
- It is used to treat:
Dosage and routes of administration of severin
Severin® comes in box presentations, with 100 mg nimesulide suppositories for rectal administration and 100 mg nimesulide tablets for oral administration. The recommended doses of severin® in tablet form are as follows:
- Adults and children over 12 years of age: It is recommended to administer doses of no more than 1 tablet every 12 hours, with enough water and after meals.
severin side effects
severin® is well tolerated and its mechanism produces slight adverse effects , which makes it safe during its use in treatment. However, caution is recommended during the appearance of these types of reactions:
- Stomach acidity.
Important: If side reactions are prolonged and affect your health, stop using this drug and see your doctor or a pharmacy for more information.
Contraindications and warnings of severin
Severin®, even with its pharmacological powers, is not indicated for certain patients who want to preserve their health status and avoid negative interactions. Therefore, do not use this drug in the following cases:
- Hypersensitivity to nimesulide.
- Sensitivity to aspirin .
- Pregnancy patients.
Avoid if you have:
- Liver failure.
- Active ulcer and gastroduodenal ulcer .
- Gastrointestinal bleeding.
- Liver affections.
- Use this medication preferably with a prescription.
- Keep this drug out of the reach of children.
- Use this drug product with medical supervision in patients under anticoagulant medications.
- Caution should be exercised in patients being treated for hypertension.
- This drug can cause interaction with other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for acute pain, therefore it is recommended to consult your doctor.
University Professional in the area of Human Resources, Postgraduate in Occupational Health and Hygiene of the Work Environment, 14 years of experience in the area of health. Interested in topics of Psychology, Occupational Health, and General Medicine.