What is the ulsen?
Ulsen® is the registered trademark of a pharmaceutical -manufactured medicine, which uses omeprazole as its active principle , a chemical compound belonging to the line of medicines called proton pump inhibitors, with an effect on conditions in the digestive system .
To highlight: This drug is produced by the company named LABORATORIOS SENOSIAIN, SA de CV (1)
What is the ulsen used for?
- Thanks to the mechanism of action of its active principle, ulsen® prevents the secretion of acid in the stomach because it binds to the proton pump in the gastric parietal cell, inhibiting the final transport of H + to the gastric lumen. In this way it alleviates in many patients the symptoms associated with gastric acidity .
- It is used to treat:
Ulsen dosage and routes of administration
The presentations of ulsen® are in a box with capsules, which contain omeprazole 20 mg and in a vial solution containing omeprazole sodium, equivalent to 40 mg of omeprazole. Its administration is orally and intravenously and the dosage for each case for information purposes would be as follows:
- Ulsen® capsule: Adults 20 mg every day in the morning.
- Ulsen® solution: Adults 40 mg intravenously daily.
Ulsen Side Effects
Data from clinical studies indicate that therapy with ulsen® has caused, in a certain group of patients , some of the following adverse effects:
- Possible appearance of allergic reactions due to patient contact with any chemical component of the active ingredient.
- Diarrhea , nausea, vomiting , and abdominal pain .
- Tiredness, dizziness, headache and paresthesias.
- In the case of injection, redness may appear in the area of application.
Important: Discontinue therapy with this drug and consult your doctor if, during treatment with ulsen®, any of the symptoms described or one not included appears.
Ulsen contraindications and warnings
The use of ulsen® is contraindicated in any of the following cases mentioned below:
- Patient hypersensitivity to any of the components of the ulsen® formula.
- If the patient is being treated with clopidogrel .
- During the pregnancy period.
- During breastfeeding .
You should know: Before starting therapy with ulsen® you must provide your doctor with all the information related to your health history .
Avoid if you have:
- History of hypersensitivity to omeprazole or proton pump inhibitor drugs.
- Allergy to drugs containing proton pump inhibitors.
- Pharmaceutical products such as ulsen®, must be administered with prescription or medical prescription.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions during therapy with this drug.
- It must be taken into account that the existence of malignancy in the organism must be ruled out, since the use of this medication can delay the diagnosis.
- Keep this product out of the reach of children.
- Store in a dry, cool and safe place.
University Professional in the area of Human Resources, Postgraduate in Occupational Health and Hygiene of the Work Environment, 14 years of experience in the area of health. Interested in topics of Psychology, Occupational Health, and General Medicine.