What is topron?
Topron® is a drug and a commercial product of the company “Chinoin”(1), the active substance of which is asubstance called Nifuroxazide. Its mechanism of action makes it anantidiarrheal and an intestinal antiseptic, which eliminates pathogenic microorganisms causing digestive disorders.
Topron® comes as a box of 16 capsules or tablets, solution or syrup, containing 400 mg and 100 ml of the active metabolite, with an oral route of administration. The dose of topron® is commonly 1 capsule of 400 mg twice daily.
Note: One study mentions the present information: “Nifuroxazide isan intestinal antiseptic with local bacteriostatic action, indicated for the treatment of diarrhea.” (2)
What is topron for?
Topron® is good asa treatment forconditions of the digestive system, relievingdiarrhea (both acute and chronic), since it eliminates the cellular structure of the bacteria that cause the aforementioned digestive disorder, however it is not able to improve or change the intestinal flora.
In fact, topron® syrup is used more to inhibit the cellular actions of major infectious agents such as Escherichia coli (a strain that causes brief, mild diarrhea), Shigella SPP (which causes shigellosis and is quite contagious) or Salmonella (microorganism that causes salmonellosis and certain abdominal cramps ).
Topron Side Effects
The side effects of topron® are light and common , however it is important to know how long they last in the body, since there are some such as:
Important: If you have adverse effects and they worsen, it is necessary to suspend topron® and see your doctor or professional pharmacist.
Finally, this drug may have certain unwanted reactions with a certain number of patients, therefore the use of topron® is not recommended in certain cases, such as:
- Allergy or hypersensitivity to the active metabolite.
- Renal insufficiency.
- Children under 6 years (especially tablets).
- Pregnancy and lactation.
You should know : In order to fully and safely use this medication, it is advisable to request a medical prescription endorsing its use.
- The topron ® is an Antidiarrheal Medicinequite efficient to eliminate microorganisms and relieve diarrhea of any type.
- The topron® is responsible for eliminating enzymes and inhibiting the cell formations of certain intestinal bacteria.
- The use of topron® can lead to adverse effects such as abdominal pain, vomiting and fever.
- The use of topron® is not recommended during pregnancy and lactation, as well as in children under 6 years of age and people allergic to the active ingredient .