What is baycuten?
Baycuten® is a pharmaceutically manufactured drug that contains a combination of three active ingredients : dexamethasone (an anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic component), clotrimazole and neomycin , two chemical compounds that belong to the line of antibiotic drugs with antibacterial effect . and antifungal to eradicate skin infections .
To highlight: This pharmaceutical product is made by the company named BAYER DE MÉXICO, SA de CV (1)
What is baycuten for?
- Thanks to its active components, baycuten® interrupts the growth and development of infectious fungi and bacteria until they are eliminated , thus relieving patients of infections and their symptoms mainly on the skin, in addition to mitigating inflammation, burning sensation and redness of the skin. affected zone.
- It is used to treat:
Dosage and routes of administration of baycuten
Baycuten® is sold in an aluminum tube containing dexamethasone, clotrimazole, and neomycin in the form of a cream, ointment, or ointment. The administration of this medication by skin route and the dosage for information may be as follows:
- Baycuten® cream: After cleaning the affected area very well and carefully, apply a thin layer with a light massage twice a day, preferably once in the morning and once at night until the condition disappears.
side effects of baycuten
Topical treatment with baycuten® may cause some of the following side effects in a certain patient population:
- Possible allergic reactions due to contact with any component of the formula.
- Skin irritations.
- Acne derived from the use of steroids.
- Telangiectasias e hipertricosis.
- Dermatrophy and skin striae.
Important: Some of these symptoms or another not indicated on the list may appear during treatment with baycuten®, so it is advisable to discontinue its use and consult your doctor .
Contraindications and warnings of baycuten
The use of baycuten® is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Hypersensitivity to contact with any component of the formula.
- In skin manifestations of systemic infections such as syphilis, tuberculosis and chicken pox.
- In patients with viral skin diseases such as herpes simplex, rosacea or viral perioral dermatitis.
- In patients with atopic eczema, it should not be applied in conjunction with an occlusive cover.
- In ear infections.
- During the first trimester of pregnancy or during breastfeeding .
You should know: Before starting treatment with baycuten® cream, provide your doctor with all the information about your health history .
Avoid if you have:
- History of hypersensitivity to any of the components or excipients of the product.
- Serious burns or injuries.
- Pharmaceutical products such as baycuten® must be administered with a prescription or prescription.
- For effective results while taking this medication, follow your doctor’s instructions.
- In case of poisoning with this drug, go immediately to the nearest health center.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children.