What is galaver?
Galaver is the name of a drug patented byLaboratorios Maver®(1), which belongs to theline of antacids and antiflatulents, with the combination of two chemical substances such asdimethiconeand magaldrate, used to treat some conditions of the gastrointestinal system.
What is the galaver for?
- The combined formula of magaldrate and dimethicone of galaver®, is effective in treating the symptoms ofstomach diseasesand other related disorders and its action is based on neutralizing the pH of stomach acids and bile salts that injure the gastrointestinal mucous membranes, as well aspromoting intestinal transitthrough peristalsis.
- It is used to treat:
To highlight: The formula of galaver® representsa low riskwith good health benefits.
Dosage and routes of administration of galaver
Galaver® comesas a gel suspension in 250 ml bottles containing 8 g of magaldrate and 1 g of dimethicone, dissolved in 100, 150, 200 and 250 ml. They also come in 10and 20 ml sachets, containing 80 mg/10 mg magaldrate/dimethicone. The recommended doses are as follows:
- Gastric ulcer: The recommended dose is 20 ml of galaver®60 minutesafter meals and 20 ml before sleeping orally.
- Duodenal ulcer: 20 ml of galaver® between 1 and 3 hours after meals and 20 ml before sleeping.
Galaver Side Effects
Treatment with galaver® can generate some side effects in certain patients, which we mention below:
- Allergic reactions due to contact with any component of galaver®.
- Diarrhea and constipation .
- Nausea and vomiting .
- Hypophosphataemia (very low concentration of phosphate in the blood).
- Aluminum poisoning (the number of reported cases is very low).
Important: In the event of any of these adverse effects, the use of galaver® should be discontinued and the health professional consulted.
Contraindications and warnings of the galaver
Treatment with galaver® is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Hypersensitivity to any of the components of galaver®.
- Pregnant and lactating women .
- Patients with severe renal failure or altered liver profile.
- Children under 12 years of age (there are insufficient data for its use).
- States of hypophosphatemia or hypermagnesemia (low blood levels of phosphorus and magnesium).
You should know: Before starting treatment with galaver®, it is advisable to provide your all the information to the doctor about your health history.
Avoid if you have:
- Dialysis treatment.
- Intestinal obstruction.
- Perforations in the alimentary tract.
- Chronic diarrhea.