What is simple synalar?
Synalar simple® is a synthetically manufactured medicine which uses fluocinolone acetonide (1) as its active principle , a chemical compound belonging to the line of medicines called corticosteroids, with an effect on inflammatory processes in the body .
To highlight: This pharmaceutical product is produced by the company named CHINOIN PRODUCTOS FARMACÉUTICOS SA de CV (2)
What is simple synalar for?
- Thanks to its active principle, synalar simple® works by activating natural substances in the skin to reduce swelling, redness and itching caused by allergic processes or attacks by pathogenic microorganisms.
- It is used to treat:
- Inflammatory, allergic and pruritic lesions and conditions that occur on the skin and mucous membranes.
- Photodermatitis, psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, seborrheic dermatitis and exfoliative dermatitis. (3)
- Contact dermatitis, eczematous dermatitis, lichen planus, nummular eczema.
- Pretibial myxedema, necrobiosis lipoidica, erythroderma, neurodermatitis, nodular prurigo.
- Discoid lupus erythematosus, lichen simplex chronicus, intertrigo.
Dosage and routes of administration of simple synalar
The presentation of synalar simple® is in a tube with 20 and 40 g of cream, which contains fluocinolone acetonide 0.01 g and 0.025 g. The route of administration of this medicine is by topical route and the dosage as a reference can be the following:
- Occlusive cure: Apply a layer on the affected area and cover with a polyethylene sheet.
- Open cure: Apply a small amount to the area to be treated twice a day, with a gentle massage.
Simple synalar side effects
Data from clinical studies indicate that treatment with Synalar Simple® may cause, in a certain group of patients , some of the following adverse effects:
- Allergic reactions due to patient contact with any component of the formula.
- Burning, itching, irritation and dryness.
- Folliculitis , hypertrichosis and acneiform eruptions.
- Hypopigmentation and perioral dermatitis.
- Allergic contact dermatitis, skin maceration, striae and miliary rash.
Important: If the patient manifests any of these symptoms during treatment with synalar simple®, please discontinue use and consult your doctor .
Contraindications and warnings of simple synalar
The use of synalar simple® is contraindicated in any of the following cases:
- Hypersensitivity of the patient to any of the components of the drug.
- Patients with cutaneous tuberculosis and some diseases caused by viruses such as herpes simplex and chickenpox.
- During the pregnancy period.
- During breastfeeding .
You should know: Before starting treatment with this drug, the patient must provide all the information related to their health history to their doctor.
Avoid if you have:
- History of hypersensitivity to fluocinolone acetonide.
- Pharmaceutical products such as synalar simple®, must be administered with prescription or medical prescription.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions during treatment with this drug.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
- Avoid contact with the eyes.
- Keep this product out of the reach of children.
- Prolonged use of this drug can cause atrophy of the skin and subcutaneous tissue.
University Professional in the area of Human Resources, Postgraduate in Occupational Health and Hygiene of the Work Environment, 14 years of experience in the area of health. Interested in topics of Psychology, Occupational Health, and General Medicine.