What is zaldiar?
Zaldiar is a combination of opioidand non-opioid medications with analgesic action, indicated for the symptomatic treatment of moderate to severe pain in the opinion of the attending physician. (1)
This drug has two active ingredients:tramadol and paracetamol in a concentration of 37.5 mg / 325 mg respectively, in film-coated tablets and also containslactose monohydrate. Both compounds function as selective serotonin and noradrenaline reuptake inhibitors. (2)
The initial administration of this medicine for adults and adolescents (over 12 years of age) is two tablets a day, and the dose may be increased according to requirements but with dosing intervals of not less than 6 hours and in quantities not exceeding 8 tablets per day.
To highlight: The dosage and method of administration of this medicine should be under medical supervision.
It is important to note that the consumption of this medication is orally without chewing with enough water and the duration of treatment should not exceed that indicatedby your doctor.
What is the zaldiar for?
This medication can be prescribed for the treatment of moderate to severe pain , of acute or chronic origin such as fractures, dislocations, acute myocardial infarction, cancer, among others. (3)
You should know: In general, it can also be indicated as a preoperative analgesic , complement therapy in surgical anesthesia, after postoperative procedures, in cases of neuropathic pain and in painful diagnostic exploration procedures. (4)
Zaldiar Side Effects
The consumption of tramadol as an active principle of zaldiar, can cause risks or cause some unwanted effecttag. The most frequent are:
- dry mouth
- Allergy to any of its components.
- Sleep disorders.
- Neurological disorders such as epilepsy.
- Liver toxicity.
- May cause changes in respiratory rate.
Important: If you notice any of these symptoms, See your doctor immediately .
Contraindications of zaldiar
The use of tramadol and paracetamol (components of zaldiar), is contraindicated in some patients if they are in the following conditions:
- Sensitivity to some of its components.
- in patients with respiratory depression.
- If you are under the influence of alcoholic beverages.
- Severe liver or kidney failure.
- Concomitant use with sedative drugs.
- During breastfeeding, since both tramadol and paracetamol are excreted through breast milk.
- In population under 12 years of age.
Important: It is advisable to review your medical history with your doctor before taking this medicine.
- Zaldiar is a medicine that is used as an analgesic for moderate and intense pain.
- Zaldiar is made up of two active ingredients, tramadol and paracetamol.
- This medication is contraindicated in some patients suffering from a specific pathology, mainly due to its tramadol content.
- Specialist supervision is important during the administration of this drug.