What is unamol?
Unamol® is a commercial medicine developed byExea(1) laboratories. In its composition it has a substance called cisapride, which increases intestinal motility andincreases the production and release of acetylcholine (neurotransmitterthat helps control memory and the action of certain muscles).
Its presentation is for oral administration, that is, in tablets and syrup, in addition to a pediatric presentation. Therecommended doses are every 6 or every 8 hours, just before meals and before sleep.
Note: Due to its orientation and composition, it is a medicine thatrequires a prescription for its acquisition.
What is unamol for?
The use of unamol® is quite specific, oriented mainly fordisorders at the gastrointestinal level. We will mention below its main uses for identification:
1. Reflux esophagitis and chronic regurgitation
To highlight: Unamol® is oriented for the treatment of this type of disorders, thanks to the reduction of symptoms and improving the eventuality of reflux . (two)
2. Gastroparesis and dyspepsia
Gastroparesis is a disease, which affects the spontaneity of the movements of our intestinal muscles,that is, motility. Dyspepsia, for its part, is recurringindigestion for no apparent reason.
3. Motility disorders
Motility disorders are caused by disorders in the muscles of our body , which is immediately treated with unamol® due to the presence of a substance called cisapride, which increases adenylate cyclase within neurons and therefore resolves the bowel movement problems. (4)
Unamol Side Effects
All medications have Contemplated side effects, which can appear from their consumption in medical treatments. We mention those of unamol® below:
- Diarrhea , abdominal pain and headache.
- Dizziness, arrhythmias and tachycardia.
- Acquired long qt interval (rapid and chaotic acceleration of the heartbeat).
Important: If side effects persist and do not disappear after stopping treatment, it is important to seek medical attention for information .
Contraindications are factors that we must take into accountwhen starting a medical treatment to reduce the risks of adverse effects. We mention those of unamol® below:
- Do not consume if you are allergic or hypersensitive to any of the components of the drug.
- Do not take if pregnancy is suspected or if you are lactating.
- Do not indicate if you have any type of cancer in an advanced stage.
- Do not indicate if there are multiple organic alterations.
To highlight: It is extremely important to present to the treating physician all the conditions or diseases that you suffer as a patient, in order to determine if the treatment is appropriate or not for your case.
- Unamol® is a medication aimed at gastrointestinal disorders,Whose doses are every six or eight hours for greater effectiveness.
- Unamol® has presentations in tablets, syrup and suspension. All require a prescription to obtain.
- Unamol® acts efficiently on intestinal motility thanks to its active principle, a substance called cisapride.
- Can occur
University Professional in the area of Human Resources, Postgraduate in Occupational Health and Hygiene of the Work Environment, 14 years of experience in the area of health. Interested in topics of Psychology, Occupational Health, and General Medicine.