Many common and uncommon diseases produce a series of symptomsthat impair our quality of life.
That is why modern science has put at our disposal, after years of study and intense research, drugs that help us alleviatethis series of symptoms, and one of themis robaxisal.
In the following article, we describe the most outstanding characteristics of this drug and in what situations your doctor can prescribe it.
What is robaxisal?
Robaxisal compound is acombination drug of two chemicalsto treat acute trauma conditions in the musculoskeletal system.
It has two active ingredients, paracetamolwhich is a synthetic compound that belongs to the group ofanalgesic and antipyretic drugs, andmethocarbamolanother chemical compound that is used as arelaxant of skeletal musclesand acts by blocking nerve impulses that are sent to the brain and spinal cord.
The presentation of this medicine is in tablets of380 mg of methocarbamol and 300 mg of paracetamol. The usual dose is2 tablets every 6 hours per dayin adultsorally, according to the severity of symptoms and the evaluation of the doctor. For elderly people in symptomatic pain relief,one tablet 6 times a day is recommended.
Important: For the administration and dosage of this drug, priorevaluation by a specialist doctor should be mediated.
What is robaxisal for?
As previously mentioned, robaxisal is a compound medication that is used forthe treatment of pain (analgesic) and musclespasms (muscle relaxant), caused byacute trauma to muscles and jointssuch as sprains,sprainsand other muscle injuries.
For its part, paracetamol is a medicine used to treat pain and fever, and does not produce adverse effects at the gastrointestinal level. Studiesvalidate the safe use of this drug. (two)
Robaxisal Side Effects
The use of robaxisal compound Can cause in certain patients, some of the following side effects :
- Allergic reactions to some of the components of robaxisal.
- Decrease in the number of white blood cells .
- It can potentiate CNS depressant and stimulant effects.
- May cause drowsiness.
- In use above the recommended dose it can cause toxicity.
Important: If you notice any of these symptoms or one not included, stop using it and consult your doctor or pharmacist.
The use of robaxisal compound is contraindicated in the following conditions:
- In patients sensitive to some of the components of robaxisal.
- In patients with hepatic or renal insufficiency.
- In women during pregnancy and lactation.
- During the intake of alcoholic beverages.
- If you are sensitive to aspirin.
- If you are being treated with other medicines to treat seizures.
To highlight: It is recommended to tell your doctor about your medical history before starting treatment with this drug.
- Robaxisal is a medicine to treat acute pain in the skeletal muscle.
- This medication contains two active ingredients, paracetamol as an antipyretic and analgesic and methocarbamol as a muscle relaxant.
- It is indicated in the treatment of strains, sprains and acute muscle injuries.
- This medication must be indicated by a doctor under a prescription.
University Professional in the area of Human Resources, Postgraduate in Occupational Health and Hygiene of the Work Environment, 14 years of experience in the area of health. Interested in topics of Psychology, Occupational Health, and General Medicine.