What is pyrimir?
Pyrimir® is a commercial medicine developed by Sanofi Laboratories(1). In its composition it has phenazopyridine as an active ingredient, which gives it the antiseptic properties and therefore, the risks of infection and the spread of the existing one are reduced.
On the other hand, pyrimir® is a medication administered orally, so it has a tablet presentation. The recommended doses are 200 mg every eight hours for adults and 100 mg every eight hours for children over 12 years of age.
Note: Due to its composition and mechanism of action, pyrimir® is a drug that does not require a prescription for its acquisition.
What is pyrimir for?
Pyrimir® is a medicine indicated for the treatment of certain infections or as an antiseptic. We mention below the main uses of it:
1. Urinary tract infections
Urinary tract infections are caused by the presence of a bacterium that enters as an external agent and begins to multiply. The characteristic symptomatology is pelvic pain, constant need to urinate, burning when urinating, nausea and vomiting.
To highlight: Pirimir® is indicated as a very efficient medication for infections such as pyelitis, cystitis, pyelonephritis, urethritis and urethrotrigonitis. (two)
2. Prophylactic in surgical interventions and urological examinations
on contamination or infection, which could be contracted during surgery
side effects of pirimir
All medicines have stipulated possible side effects,which can develop during their use in treatments. We mention below those of pirimir®:
- Headache, confusion and dizziness.
- Vomiting , colored urine, and dyspepsia ( indigestion ).
- Dyspnea (breathing difficulties), fever , and swelling of the face, feet, and fingers.
Important: If the side effects do not disappear when stopping the treatment, it is recommended to attend a medical consultation immediately for information.
Contraindications of pirimir
The contraindications of the medicines are factors that must be taken into account, to reduce the risk of developing adverse effectsduring their consumption as medical treatment. We mention below those of pirimir®:
- Do not take if you are allergic or hypersensitive to any of the drug components.
- Do not indicate if the patient has severe renal failure.
- Do not indicate if the patient has hepatitis.
- Do not indicate if pregnancy is suspected or if you are breastfeeding.
- Do not drink alcohol during medical treatment to avoid adverse effects.
- Do not indicate if the patient has gastrointestinal disorders.
You should know: It is important to mention all the health history in the consultation, so that the doctor can indicate an adequate and pertinent treatment .
- Pirimir® is an antibiotic and antiseptic medication, for oral administration and therefore its presentation is usually in boxes of 24 tablets.
- Its consumption is recommended after meals, to reduce possible gastrointestinal effects.
- As pirimir® is a medication that does not require a prescription, it is recommended to consult a doctor for information on its use, due to its contraindications.
- Pirimir® should not be taken if pregnancy is suspected or if you are lactating.