What is pramigel?
Pramigel® is a commercial medicine developed byCarnot(1) laboratories. Its active ingredient ismetoclopramide, in addition to having sodium hydroxide, magnesium hydroxide and simethicone, whichhave an independent mechanism of action.
Pramigel® comes as tablets and suspensions, with recommended doses of 1tablet three times a dayin adults, after meals, and 1/2 in the case of children. In the case of suspension is 1tablespoon three times a dayin adults and 1/2 in children.
Note: Due to its mechanism of action and active ingredients, it is a medicine thatrequires a prescription to obtain it.
What is pramigel for?
Due to its composition and mechanism of action of each member, pramigel® isoriented for different conditions in digestive health. They will be mentioned and explained below for your knowledge and understanding:
1. Acute and chronic gastritis
To highlight: The influence of magnesium hydroxide present in pramigel®, potentiates the effectof aluminum hydroxideand thereforecontrols the pH in the stomach, reducing irritation. (2)
2. Gastroesophageal reflux
Gastroesophageal reflux is a condition, where stomach fluids and contents back up into the esophagus, resulting in a burning sensation and heartburn.
You should know: Pramigel® is oriented as a treatment, due to its ability to reduce symptoms, being very effective and fast acting . (3)
3. Gastroduodenal ulcer
A gastroduodenal ulcer is understood as a Sore that appears in the area where the mucosa of our gastrointestinal area has eroded , usually as a consequence of bacteria or drugs.
Note: Pramigel® is indicated as a treatment to relieve symptoms and reduce the risk of recurrence. (4)
4. Hiatal hernia
A hiatal hernia is a condition that pushes a part of the stomach toward the diaphragm and causes it to bulge out, causing a bulge across the chest .
To highlight: Pramigel® controls gastric flow and therefore allows recovery from the hernia, also reducing the possibility of adverse effects, since this disorder is usually asymptomatic. (5)
Pramigel Side Effects
Every medication usually has a list of possible side effects,which it presents during treatment. In the case of pramigel®, they will be mentioned below for your knowledge and contemplation:
- Dizziness and nausea.
- Insomnia or drowsiness.
- Torticollis, tiredness and constipation.
Important: If there are side effects, it is advisable to suspend the use of the medication and seek medical attention immediately.
Contraindications are factors that must be taken into account,before the application of drugs in treatments, in order to reduce the risks of adverse effects. Those of pramigel® will be mentioned below:
- Do not indicate pramigel® if you are allergic or hypersensitive to any of the drug’s components.
- Do not indicate if pregnancy is suspected or if you are lactating, unless indicated by a specialist.
- Pramigel® should not be indicated in children under 3 years of age.
- It should not be indicated in patients with renal insufficiency.
- Pramigel® should not be indicated in patients with depression .
You should know: Contraindications should be taken into account and the doctor should be informed if you have any of them, in order to take the appropriate measures before starting a treatment with Pramigel®.
- Pramigel® is an antiflatulent drug with antiemetic capacity , which is used for the treatment of disorders in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Pramigel® is indicated by oral route of administration, in tablets and suspension.
- Dosages ofone tablespoon or one tablet are recommended, three times a daytag. Half the dose if it is a child from 4 to 12 years old.
- Pramigel® is a product that must have a doctor’s order to be purchased, due to its composition and active ingredients.