What is macrozit?
Macrozit® is a commercial medicine developed by Liomont Laboratories(1), in its compositionit hasazithromycinas an active ingredient, an effective antibiotic agent that acts adequately with its mechanism of action, on theinhibition of the synthesis of bacterial proteins.
It should be noted that macrozit® is a medication withoral administration, so it has presentations in tablets and suspension. The recommended dose in medical treatments isone tablet of 500 mg a day for a period of approximately three days.
Note: Due to its active substance and mechanism of action, this medicinerequires a prescription for its acquisition.
What is macrozit for?
Macrozit®, being an antibiotic medication, is used formedical treatments of infectionsof different natures. We mention below its main uses:
1. Respiratory infections
To highlight: Macrozit® is indicated as a treatment thanks to the presence of azithromycin, allowing effective recovery and reducing the risk of recurrence in delicate conditions such as bronchitis and pneumonia. (two)
2. Sexually transmitted infections
Infections of a sexual nature are those where a transmission takes place during sexual intercoursetag. There are different viruses, parasites and bacteria capable of producing an infection of this nature.
You should know: Macrozit® in many cases does not disappear the infection, but it reduces and controls the symptoms, allowing the patient to offer quality of life and an Effective recovery with complementary treatments . (3)
3. Skin and soft tissue infections
Note: The use of antibiotics such as macrozit® will reduce discomfort and infection, allowing its control and reducing the risk of its spread. (4)
Macrozit Side Effects
All medicines have stipulated possible side effects,during their consumption in treatments. We mention those of macrozit® below:
Important: If you have side effects and they do not disappear when stopping treatment, it is important that you seek medical attention for information.
Contraindications of macrozit
Contraindications are factors that must be taken into account to Reduce the risk of developing adverse effectsduring the consumption of medications. We mention those of macrozit® below:
- Do not indicate if the patient is allergic or hypersensitive to any of the components of the drug.
- Do not indicate to patients with renal insufficiency or severe hepatic insufficiency.
- Caution with heart failure patients.
- Caution if pregnancy is suspected or if you are lactating.
- Do not drink alcohol during medical treatment.
You should know: It is important to mention the entire medical history, so that the indicated treatment is adequate and pertinent.
- Macrozit® is an antibiotic product that has azithromycin as its active principle.
- Its recommended dose is one 500 mg tablet per day, offering a solution and inhibition of external and infectious agents.
- Macrozit® is a medication that requires a prescription for its acquisition and is administered orally.
- Macrozit® in tablets or suspension, is oriented for the treatment of sinusitis , sexually transmitted diseases and infectious diseases of different natures.