What is lysine clonixinate?
Lysine clonixinate is a generic drug, withimportant analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. In its composition, it has the lysinated version of clonixin as an active ingredient and thanks to its ability tolimit the production of prostaglandins and inhibition of enzymes, it allows a wide effect to relieve pain.
It is a medicine administered orally, intramuscularly or intravenously and rectally. The recommended doses areevery six or eight hours, depending on the treatment indicated or theseverity of the condition.
Note: Due to its mechanism of action, lysine clonixinate is a prescription medication toobtain.
What is lysine clonixinate for?
Lysine clonixinate is adrug with wide use in medical treatmentsthanks to its large field of action. We mention below the main uses that are given:
1. Headaches, otalgias, sinusitis and herpes zoster
Due to its anti-inflammatory and analgesic capacity , even in acute or severe conditions, lysine clonixinate is a useful treatment that allows the relief of symptoms in health conditions such as headaches, sinusitis , herpes and ear pain.
To highlight: Lysine clonixinate is characterized by being effective and with a rapid response, which is why it is one of the first drugs considered for treatments of this nature. (1)
2. Gynecological, orthopedic and urological interventions
Lysine clonixinate has an analgesic effectiveness , well recognized through different studies and monitoring, being even compared with other drugs in this same branch, obtaining extremely beneficial results.
You should know: Lysine clonixinate is considered very efficient to postoperative pain control, in doses of 125 mg every six or eight hours. (two)
3. General trauma
, , lysine clonixinate is considered an extremely efficient treatment with a wide spectrum of action.
Note: It is even oriented for muscular and soft tissue pain, allowing the reduction of painful pictures associated with inflammation. (3)
Lysine Clonixinate Side Effects
All medicines have a list of possible side effects, which can develop during their usein medical treatments. We mention those of lysine clonixinate below:
- Nausea, dizziness and vomiting.
- Mild drowsiness, sweating, and chills.
- Cystitis, lack of appetite and vertigo.
Important: If there are side effects and they do not disappear when stopping treatment, it is important to seek medical assistance .
Lysine clonixinate contraindications
Contraindications are factors that we must take into account before starting medical treatment to avoid the risk of developing adverse effectstag. We mention those of lysine clonixinate below:
- Do not take if you are allergic or hypersensitive to any of the drug components.
- Do not indicate if the patient has active peptic ulcer.
- Do not indicate if there is a history of digestive disorders such as gastritis and ulcer.
- Do not indicate if the patient has diabetes mellitus.
- Do not indicate if pregnancy is suspected or if you are lactating.
You should know: The doctor must be informed of the entire health history , in order to recognize if the treatment is adequate and pertinent.
- Lysine clonixinate is a medication in the form of tablets, ampoules, and suppositories.
- It is an indicated drug depending on the intensity of the pain thanks to its analgesic power, in patients undergoing general surgery, trauma, conditions or headache and sinusitis conditions.
- It is important to exercise caution in patients with diabetes or a history of digestive disorders, in the indications for treatment with lysine clonixinate.
- are indicated
University Professional in the area of Human Resources, Postgraduate in Occupational Health and Hygiene of the Work Environment, 14 years of experience in the area of health. Interested in topics of Psychology, Occupational Health, and General Medicine.