What is flagenase?
Flagenase® is a commercial medicine developed byLiomont laboratories(1). Its active ingredient is metronidazole, so it is considered aneffective antiparasitic and antibacterialas it acts with an antibiotic nature.
Flagenase® comes as capsules, tablets, vaginal eggs, solution for injection, and a pediatric version. Each one isoriented to a specific treatment under medical supervision and order, usually with indications of one dose per day.
Note: Due to the nature of this drug and its mechanisms of action, it is obtained only with medical order. Self-medication is not recommended.
What is flagenase for?
Flagenase® is indicated fora variety of treatments, due to its nature and its active ingredient. We mention below what are the main uses given to the drug:
1. Amebiasis and amoebic liver abscess
To highlight: The use of flagenase® can be oriented for intra and extraintestinal amebiasis, allowing the reduction of symptoms and effective recovery. (two)
2. Vaginal infections
Vaginal infections can cause itching, burning, and dischargetag. They are usually generated by an imbalance in the bacterial load in this area of the body, and the use of flagenase® is oriented in cases ofinfections of a bactericidal nature or the presence of fungi.
You should know: Its active principle (metronidazole) works effectively and the therapies are usually combined with oral administration treatment and suppositories . (3)
3. Infections in the skin, soft tissues, bones and joints
The flagenase® in injectable solution is oriented for this type of infections that affect the skin , soft tissues, bones and joints.
Note: This medicine allows an effective reduction of the agents that cause the infection, it also reduces inflammation and symptoms. (4)
Flagenase Side Effects
The drugs contemplate a list of possible side effects, which can develop during their consumption or applicationtag. Those of flagenase® will be mentioned below:
- Diarrhea and vomiting.
- Cramps and tremors.
- Depression , mood swings, and itching.
- Insomnia , bloating, and difficulty concentrating.
- Headaches, tremors and vertigo.
Important: If there are side effects and they do not disappear when stopping treatment, it is important to seek medical attention .
Contraindications of flagenase
Contraindications are factors that we must take into account, to avoid the appearance of adverse effectsduring medical treatments. We mention those of flagenase® below:
- Do not indicate if you are allergic or hypersensitive to any of the components of the medication.
- Do not indicate to patients with liver failure or blood dyscrasias.
- Do not indicate if you have a disease that affects the Central Nervous System (CNS).
- Do not consume alcohol during treatment.
- Avoid driving after taking the drug.
To highlight: It is advisable to notify the doctor about the health conditions that the patient presents, in order to take the necessary measures for the correct administration of the medication.
- Flagenase® is an antiparasitic and antibacterial drug for oral administration, injectable solution or application of vaginal suppositories.
- Its Active ingredient is metronidazole , which is an antibiotic, so you need a prescription to obtain it.
- The doses of flagenase® are usually indicated by a medical professional, usually one capsule daily.
- It is recommended not to indicate flagenase® in children, except for the pediatric version or line.
University Professional in the area of Human Resources, Postgraduate in Occupational Health and Hygiene of the Work Environment, 14 years of experience in the area of health. Interested in topics of Psychology, Occupational Health, and General Medicine.