What is brupacil?
Brupacil® is a commercial antispasmodic medicine, developed bythe importer and manufacturer Bruluart S.A. (1). Its composition has butylhyoscinebromideas the active ingredient, which allows the control of spasms thanks to its mechanism of action and also thereduction of symptoms in gastrointestinal disorders.
Its presentation is intablets byoraladministration andsolutions for injection in ampoules, for an immediate and more efficient effect. Theconsumption of one tablet every eight hoursin children and one or two in adults is recommended, depending on the treatment indicated.
Note: Due to its nature and mechanism of action, it is a drug that for its acquisition, a prescription is required.
What is brupacil for?
Brupacil® has an importantapplication in certain types of treatments, which will be mentioned below for your knowledge:
1. Gastrointestinal and genitourinary spasms
Butylhyoscine bromide is a component of brupacil®, which reduces thespasm response allowing therelief of symptoms incases of colitis, enteritis, spathic constipation and gastric ulcer.
To highlight: This brupacil® compound acts on motility disorders, allowing improvements in spasms that occur in the gastrointestinal tract. (2)
2. Hepatic and renal colic
Hepatic and renal colic are sharp and constant pains that occur in the abdomenand radiate depending on their origin, reaching even the back. It causes nausea and vomiting and is usually caused by the presence of stones.
You should know: Brupacil® is indicated as a treatment to reduce or relieve symptoms and improve colic. (3)
3. Dysmenorrhea and labor contractions
Dysmenorrhea is a menstrual disorder characterized by severe and frequent cramps and pain
Note: Brupacil® allows the reduction of spasms that increase pain . In the case of contractions, it reduces their amplitude and tone, allowing them to be less intense. (4)
Brupacil Side Effects
All medicines have a list of Possible side effects, which can develop during their use in a treatment. We will mention the effects of brupacil® below, for your contemplation and knowledge:
- Vomiting , dizziness and vertigo.
- Difficulty urinating, constipation and abdominal pain.
- Tachycardia, numbness and dry mouth.
Important: In case of presenting side effects and that do not disappear when stopping the treatment, it is necessary to go to medical assistance for information .
The contraindications of a drug are factors that we must take into account to avoid the appearance of adverse effectsduring the consumption of the drug. We mention those of brupacil® below:
- Do not take if you have an allergy or hypersensitivity to any of the components of the drug.
- Do not indicate if the patient has mechanical bowel obstruction.
- Do not indicate if the patient suffers from asthma, kidney failure or diabetes.
- Do not take if pregnancy is suspected or if you are lactating.
To highlight: It is advisable to notify the doctor about the health conditions that the patient presents, in order to take the necessary measures for the correct administration of the medication.
- Brupacil® is a medication aimed at reducing spasms in seizures and in the gastrointestinal tract.
- There are presentations of brupacil® in tablets and injectable solution, depending on the orientation and the effectiveness that is required.
- The recommended doses of brupacil® are one to two tablets every 8 hours. It is not recommended to self-medicate to avoid risks.
- Brupacil® is a drug aimed at reducing spasms in dysmenorrhea, labor contractions, presence of obstructions, and liver and kidney stones.