What is visertral?
Visertral® is the trademark of asynthetic medicine that usescetirizine as the active ingredient, a chemical compound belonging to the line of antihistamine medicines, with an effect on the symptoms of some allergic diseases.
To highlight: This pharmaceutical product is made in Mexico by the company calledLaboratorios Serral. (1)
What is the visertral for?
- The visertral® thanks to the mechanism of action of its active ingredient, blocks the action of histamine (antihistamine) when it is produced in an exaggerated way by the immune system and causes allergy symptoms in the body, improving by inhibiting the quality of life of patients.
- It is used to treat:
Dosage and routes of administration of visertral
Visertral®comes as a box with tabletscontaining cetirizine 10 mg. It is also sold inoral solutionin a bottle with 10 or 50 ml in the form of a syrup. The administration in both casesis orallyand the dosage as a referential can be as follows:
- Solution:Children 2 to 6 years of age a dose of 5 ml of solution or 12 divided drops every 24 hours is recommended. Children from 6 to 12 years of age, 10 ml of solution or 24 drops every 24 hours.
- Tablets: Adults and children over 12 years of age, one 10 mg tablet once a day.
Side effects of visertral
Clinical data indicate that therapeutic treatment with visertral® may cause some of the following adverse effects in a certain patient population:
- Possible appearance of allergic reactions due to contact with any component of the formula.
- Drowsiness, fatigue, headache and blurred vision.
- Dry mouth, nose and throat.
- Increased appetite and dyspepsia.
- Abdominal pain, diarrhea , nausea, flatulence, constipation , and Vomiting .
- Palpitations, tachycardia, abnormal liver function and/or hepatitis.
Important: If any of these symptoms or other symptoms not included in the list appear, please discontinue use and notify your doctor .
Contraindications and warnings of visertral
The use of visertral® is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Patient hypersensitivity to any of the components of the formula.
- People with kidney failure.
- During the period of pregnancy or breastfeeding .
- Liver failure.
- In children under two years of age.
You should know: Give your doctor all the information related to your health history , before starting treatment with visertral®.
Avoid if you have:
- History of hypersensitivity to cetirizine or any other antihistamine.
- History of severe kidney or liver disease.
- Products such as visertral® must be administered with a prescription or prescription.
- Avoid driving vehicles or precision machinery during treatment with this drug.
- Avoid administration in people with a history of fructose intolerance.
- Follow your doctor’s directions while using this medication.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
- Keep this drug out of the reach of children.
University Professional in the area of Human Resources, Postgraduate in Occupational Health and Hygiene of the Work Environment, 14 years of experience in the area of health. Interested in topics of Psychology, Occupational Health, and General Medicine.