What is virlix?
Virlix® is the trademark of a pharmaceutically manufactured synthetic drug that uses cetirizine as an active ingredient , a chemical compound belonging to the line of second-generation antihistamine drugs, with an effect on some allergic processes in the body .
To highlight: This pharmaceutical product is made by the company named GLAXOSMITHKLINE MÉXICO, SA de CV . (1)
What is the virlix for?
- Thanks to the mechanism of action of the active substance, virlix® works by blocking the action of histamine , a substance present in the body that causes allergy symptoms when its presence is exaggerated. This action mitigates the symptoms associated with allergic processes .
- It is used to treat:
Dosage and routes of administration of virlix
The presentation of virlix® is in a solution in a box with a 50 ml bottle, which contains 100 mg cetirizine dihydrochloride and in a drop solution containing 10 mg cetirizine dihydrochloride. The administration is orally and the informative dosage can be as follows:
- Children between 1 and 2 years of age: 0.2 to 0.3 mg/kg/day either drops or solution, administered in one or two doses.
- Children 2 to 6 years of age: 2.5 mg twice a day as drops or 2.5 ml of the oral solution twice a day.
- Children over 6 years of age and adults: 10 mg once a day (10 ml of the oral solution).
side effects of virlix
Clinical studies indicate that therapeutic treatment with virlix® can cause some of the following adverse effects in a certain patient population:
- Possible allergic reactions due to patient contact with any component of the formula.
- Drowsiness, fatigue, dizziness and headache .
- Difficulty in urination, ocular accommodation disorder and xerostomia.
- Pharyngitis, diarrhea , rhinitis.
Important: If the patient shows any of these symptoms or another not included in the list during treatment with virlix®, please stop using it and consult your doctor .
Virlix contraindications and warnings
The use of virlix® is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Patient hypersensitivity to hydroxyzine , piperazine derivatives or any of the components of the formula.
- Patients with kidney failure.
- People with fructose intolerance.
- During the pregnancy period.
- During breastfeeding .
You should know: The patient must provide all the information about his health history to his doctor, before starting treatment with this drug.
Avoid if you have:
- History of hypersensitivity to hydroxyzine, piperazine derivatives or any of the components of the drug formula.
- Pharmaceutical products such as virlix® must be administered with a prescription or prescription.
- It should be taken into account that the use of this medicine can enhance the adverse effects, if it is consumed together with drinks that contain alcohol.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions during treatment with this drug.
- This medicine can cause a decrease in the ability to drive vehicles or operate precision machinery, for which caution should be exercised.
- Keep this product out of the reach of children.
University Professional in the area of Human Resources, Postgraduate in Occupational Health and Hygiene of the Work Environment, 14 years of experience in the area of health. Interested in topics of Psychology, Occupational Health, and General Medicine.