What is viazyl?
Viazyl® is the trademark of a combined synthetic medicine that uses neomycin , polymyxin B (1) , fluocinolone acetonide (2) and lidocaine hydrochloride as active ingredients in its formula , chemical compounds that together cause an antibiotic, anti-inflammatory and anesthetic on some pathologies of the auditory system .
To be highlighted: This pharmaceutical product is made by the company named LABORATORIOS PIZZARD, SA de CV (3)
What is viazyl used for?
- Thanks to the joint mechanism of action of its active ingredients, viazyl® fights the germs commonly responsible for most ear infections , as well as providing a local anti-inflammatory, anti-allergy, antipruritic and anesthetic effect on pain in external ear conditions.
- It is used to treat:
- External otitis and other inflammatory, allergic and pruritic conditions, caused by a bacterial infection.
Dosage and routes of administration of viazyl
The presentation of viazyl® is in a 5 and 15 ml dropper bottle with otic solution, which contains neomycin sulfate equivalent to 3.5 mg (against gram- negative bacteria ), polymyxin B sulfate (especially against Pseudomonas aeruginosa ) equivalent to polymyxin B 10,000 U, fluocinolone acetonide 0.250 mg and lidocaine hydrochloride 20 mg. The administration is via the ear and the dosage as a reference may be as follows:
- External otitis : Place 2 to 3 drops in the affected ear, 3 or 4 times a day for as long as the treating physician indicates.
viazyl side effects
Clinical data indicate that the use of viazyl® may cause, in a certain patient population , some of the following adverse effects:
- Possible allergic reactions due to patient contact with any component of the formula.
- Ototoxicity and nephrotoxicity.
- Burning, irritation, itching and dryness.
- Folliculitis, acneiform eruptions, hypertrichosis.
- Hypopigmentation, allergic contact dermatitis , secondary infection, and skin atrophy .
Important: If the patient presents during treatment with viazyl® some of these symptoms or another not included in the list, please stop its use and notify your doctor .
Contraindications and warnings of viazyl
The use of viazyl® is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Patient hypersensitivity to any of the components of the formula.
- Patients with untreated fungal or viral ear infections, herpes simplex, vaccinations, and chicken pox.
- During the period of pregnancy without the consent of the doctor.
- During breastfeeding .
You should know: The patient must provide his doctor before starting treatment with this drug, all the information about his health history .
Avoid if you have:
- History of hypersensitivity to any of the components of the drug formula.
- Severe kidney or liver damage.
- Eardrum perforation.
- Pharmaceutical products such as viazyl® must be administered with a prescription or prescription.
- Prolonged use of this type of drug can favor the development of other non-susceptible microorganisms.
- Follow your doctor’s directions while using this medication.
- Store in a dry and cool place.
- Keep this product out of the reach of children.
University Professional in the area of Human Resources, Postgraduate in Occupational Health and Hygiene of the Work Environment, 14 years of experience in the area of health. Interested in topics of Psychology, Occupational Health, and General Medicine.