What is Terfamex?
Terfamex® is a synthetic medicine whose active principle is phentermine (1) , a chemical compound that belongs to the line of anorexigenic medicines, which works by releasing norepinephrine and dopamine ( happiness hormones ) to reduce appetite, allowing weight loss. bodily.
To highlight: This pharmaceutical product is patented by the company named Laboratorios Medix SA (2)
What is terfamex used for?
- Terfamex® is a pharmaceutical product that serves to reduce appetite, allowing patients who are overweight or obese to reduce body fat and thereby reduce body weight.
- It is used to treat:
Dosage and routes of administration of terfamex
Terfamex® comes in a presentation of 15 mg or 30 mg tablets or capsules, in a box with 30 capsules or tablets whose method of administration is orally , with a dosage that is usually as follows:
- Tablet or capsule: Adults one 15 or 30 mg capsule or tablet on an empty stomach, with a treatment duration of up to 3 months or as directed by your doctor or nutritionist.
Terfamex Side Effects
Terfamex® can cause some of the following adverse effects in certain patients :
- Allergic reactions due to contact with the active compound.
- dry mouth
- nausea and vomiting
- constipation and diarrhea
- Anxiety , insomnia and drowsiness.
- Arterial hypertension.
- Arrhythmia and tachycardia.
- Blurry vision.
Important: If you notice any of these symptoms during treatment with terfamex®, stop using it and consult your doctor .
Terfamex contraindications and warnings
Terfamex® treatment is contraindicated in the following circumstances:
- Hypersensitivity to any of its components.
- People with psychiatric disorders.
- Do not mix with alcohol.
- Do not use during pregnancy or lactation.
- In people under 16 years of age.
- Chronic malabsorption syndrome and cholestasis.
- Kidney or liver failure.
- In people with neurological problems.
- In people with obesity of endogenous origin.
You should know: Before starting treatment with terfamex®, it is advisable to provide your doctor with all the information about your health history .
Avoid if you have:
- Medication with other drugs without due medical consultation.
- heart disease
- Some obstructive problem of the urinary tract or gastrointestinal tract.
- Products such as terfamex® must have a prescription or medical prescription to administer it.
- For more effective results, it is recommended that along with treatment with terfamex®, an exercise and healthy eating plan be incorporated.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children.
- Store this medicine in a cool dry place below 30°C.
- The availability of this drug to the public should be controlled.