What is supradol?
Supradol® is the name of a commercial line product , composed of the active principle of ketorolac , having analgesic and anti-inflammatory characteristics for a number of recognized pains.
Note: It is a drug part of the drugs produced and distributed by Liomont laboratories . (1)
What is supradol used for?
- Supradol® is a product that is used for the treatment of inflammation and pain relief , since ketorolac tromethamine is part of the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) that are antagonists of the synthesis of prostaglandins, chemical substances in the body that control the contractions of muscle tissues and blood pressure.
- It is used to treat:
Dosage and routes of administration of supradol
Supradol® comes in the main presentation of 8 tablets or 10 sublingual tablets, of 30 mg of the active principle ketorolac tromethamine, whose route of administration is oral.
It also comes in the form of a gel for topical applications or injectable solutions . The doses of supradol® that are most recommended are the following:
- Adults: Administer 1 tablet of 30 mg during a treatment of 4 times a day. (two)
- Children over 16 years: Use 1 tablet of 30 mg up to a maximum of 4 times a day.
supradol side effects
Supradol®, like the vast majority of medications, brings with it a series of adverse effects, but these may vary if the drug is administered for a short time. In this sense, the most known adverse effects are the following:
Important: If any of the effects mentioned above present in a prolonged manner, it is necessary to suspend the use of this medicine and see a doctor.
Contraindications and warnings of supradol
Supradol® is contraindicated for a certain population of patients, who are cautioned that it may interact negatively with the metabolites of this drug if caution is not exercised. Therefore, it is not recommended in the present cases:
- Hypersensitivity to the active principle.
- Active peptic ulcers.
- Pregnancy and lactation stage .
- Sensitivity to acetylsalicylic acid .
You should know: This drug must be used with the recommendation of a doctor, by prescription or a previous prescription.
Avoid if you have:
- Renal insufficiency.
- Cerebrovascular hemorrhage.
- Perforated ulcers.
- It is preferable to use this medication under a prescription or prescription for the safety of patients.
- The medicine should be kept out of the reach of children.
- This drug should be reserved in a dry environment.
- The ideal temperature to store this medication is below 30°.
University Professional in the area of Human Resources, Postgraduate in Occupational Health and Hygiene of the Work Environment, 14 years of experience in the area of health. Interested in topics of Psychology, Occupational Health, and General Medicine.