What is sirdalud?
Sirdalud®is a pharmaceutical medicinethat contains as an active ingredient tizanidine hydrochloride(1), a chemical compound that belongs to the line of medicines called skeletal muscle relaxants and withanalgesic effect.
To highlight: This pharmaceutical brand is made by the company calledNovartis Laboratory. (2)
What is sirdalud for?
- The sirdalud® thanks to its active substance, acts on the muscles of patients who suffer spasms and loss of toneas a result of a stroke, brain injuries or in the area of the spinal cord and multiple sclerosis, by slowing down the action of thebrainandcentral nervous systemto allow the muscles to relax.
- It is used to treat:
- Muscle spasm with pain, which may be associated with functional and static disorder of the spine (cervical and lumbar syndromes).
- Spasticity due to neurological disorders such as multiple sclerosis, chronic myelopathy, degenerative spinal cord disease, stroke, and cerebral palsy. (3)
Dosage and routes of administration of sirdalud
Sirdalude® is soldas tablets or tablets, in boxes with 20 or 30 unitsof 2 mg, 4 mg or 6 mg. The administration of this medicine is oral and the dose for information purposes may be as follows:
- Adults:Sirdalud® can be administered from 2 mg to 4 mg, 3 times a day. In severe cases, this dose can be adjusted progressively 1 or 2 times a week, at a rate of 2 to 4 mg per dose.
sirdalud side effects
The therapeutic treatment with sirdalud® Can cause some of the following adverse effects in a certain patient population:
- Possible adverse reactions due to contact with any component of the formula.
- Drowsiness, dizziness and bradycardia.
- Gastrointestinal disorders such as nausea, diarrhea , vomiting and constipation .
- Muscle weakness and fatigue.
- Hallucinations , insomnia and sleep disorders .
- Hypotension, sweating and dry mouth.
- Hepatitis and liver failure.
Important: If any of these symptoms appear during treatment with sirdalud® or another not included in the list, please stop using it and consult your doctor .
Contraindications and warnings of sirdalud
The use of sirdalud® is contraindicated in the following circumstances:
- Hypersensitivity to any component of the formula.
- Patients with significant impairment of liver function.
- Patients with kidney disease.
- If you are being medicated with fluvoxamine or ciprofloxacin.
- During pregnancy and breastfeeding .
You should know: Provide all the information regarding your health history to the treating doctor, before starting treatment with this drug.
Avoid if you have:
- History of hypersensitivity to tizanidine.
- Pharmaceutical products such as sirdalud® must be administered with a prescription or prescription.
- Avoid driving vehicles or operating machinery during treatment with this drug.
- Avoid the intake of alcoholic beverages when consuming sirdalud®.
- Avoid abruptly withdrawing this drug from treatment, consult your doctor.
- Do not consume this drug without the authorization of your doctor, if you are being medicated for other pathologies.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children.
University Professional in the area of Human Resources, Postgraduate in Occupational Health and Hygiene of the Work Environment, 14 years of experience in the area of health. Interested in topics of Psychology, Occupational Health, and General Medicine.