What is the sedalmerck?
Sedalmerck® is a medicine made synthetically from three active principles that are paracetamol , caffeine and phenylephrine hydrochloride , chemical components that together cause an analgesic, antipyretic and antihistamine effect.
To highlight: This medication belongs to the line of anti-flu drugs, to help patients with respiratory conditions and is produced by the company called Laboratorio MERCK, SA de CV
What is the sedalmerck used for?
- Sedalmerck® is a medication that, due to its multiple components, helps to treat the discomfort caused by respiratory conditions of common origin and other ailments caused by flu states.
- It is used to treat:
Dosage and routes of administration of sedalmerck
The most common sedalmerck® presentation is in a box of 20 tablets with 500 mg paracetamol, 50 mg caffeine and 5 mg phenylephrine hydrochloride. The route of administration is oral and the dose for information may be as follows:
- Tablets: Adults and children over 14 years of age, 1 tablet every 8 hours.
sedalmerck side effects
Sedalmerck® can cause some of the following adverse effects in certain people :
- Possible allergic reactions due to contact with any component of the formula.
- Tachycardia, headache, nausea, arterial hypertension and hypertensive crisis may appear on rare occasions.
- In certain circumstances insomnia and palpitations may occur.
- Diarrhea , urticaria, facial edema and erythema.
- Urinary retention , bronchospasm and sedation.
Important: If any of these symptoms appear during treatment with sedalmerck®, please stop using it and notify your doctor .
Contraindications and warnings of sedalmerck
The use of sedalmerck® is contraindicated in the following circumstances:
- Hypersensitivity to any of the formula’s components.
- During the period of pregnancy or lactation .
- Patients with arterial hypertension.
- Patients with peptic ulcer .
- gastritis .
- In children under 14 years of age.
You should know: Provide all the information related to your health history to your doctor, before starting treatment with sedalmerck®.
Avoid if you have:
- History of hypersensitivity to any of the components of sedalmerck®.
- History of gastritis.
- Products such as sedalmerck® must be administered with prescription or medical prescription.
- Do not consume this medicine with alcoholic substances.
- Do not exceed the dose indicated by your doctor.
- Use with caution in patients with bronchial asthma, cardiovascular disease, and diabetes mellitus.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children.