What is quadriderm?
Quadriderm®is a synthetic medicine composed in the form of a cream, belonging to the line of antibiotic and anti-inflammatory drugs containingbetamethasone, gentamicin andclotrimazole, with a mechanism of action that acts by relieving certain infections and inflammations in the skin.
Note: This pharmaceutical product is made by the company namedSchering-Plough, S.A. de C.V. (1)
What is the quadriderm for?
- Quadriderm® is indicated forthe relief of inflammation at the cutaneous level, which responds to corticosteroid medications andcomplications with secondary infections, caused by organisms sensitive to the antibiotic components of this formula.
- It is used to treat:
Quadriderm dosage and routes of administration
The presentation of the quadriderm® is in cream, which comesin tube of 15 gr, 25 gr and 40 gr. The administration iscutaneous andthe dose indicated below, is only for reference and deprives the medical diagnosis:
- Dermatoses and infections by bacteria and fungi: Apply a thin layer on the affected area, twice a daywith duration according to medical recommendation.
Quadriderm Side Effects
Treatment with quadriderm® can cause some of the following Adverse effects in certain patients :
- Possible allergic reactions from contact with any component of the formula.
- Skin discoloration, hypochromia and burning.
- Erythema, exudation and pruritus.
- Blisters, peeling and edema.
- Hives and general skin irritation.
- Perioral dermatitis , allergic contact dermatitis and skin maceration.
- Secondary infection, skin atrophy, striae and miliaria.
Important: If during treatment with quadriderm® you notice any of these symptoms or any other not included in the list, please stop using it and consult your doctor.
Quadriderm contraindications and warnings
The use of quadriderm® is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Hypersensitivity to any of the components of quadriderm®.
- In people with acute herpes simplex.
- During pregnancy or lactation .
To highlight: Before starting treatment with quadriderm®, provide all Informationabout your health history to your doctor.
Avoid if you have:
- Tuberculous skin lesions.
- Acute herpes simplex.
- Open or damaged wounds.
- Products such as quadriderm® should not be used near the eyes.
- This medicine must be administered with prescription or medical prescription.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions regarding the use and dosage of this compound drug.
- Although no drug interaction events have been reported for other pathologies, it is recommended in these circumstances to consult a doctor.
- Do not use this medicine for very long periods, as it can create resistance to bacteria.
- This class of medicines should be kept out of the reach of children.
- If you do not have a favorable response after 4 weeks of treatment, you should reconsider the diagnosis.