What is pospen?
Posipen® is the name of a commercial line medical product, considered part of the broad-spectrum penicillinase antibiotic drugs , that is, it is a drug designed to combat different bacterial infections that can occur in the body. Its relevant active ingredient to carry out its work is sodium dicloxacillin .
Note: This drug is well known thanks to its commercial distribution by Sanfer laboratories . (1)
What is the pospen for?
- Thanks to the mechanism of action of dicloxacillin, posipen® serves to stop the reproduction of sensitive bacteria or germs, facilitating the elimination of these pathological agents. This occurs thanks to the blocking of enzymes involved in the synthesis process on the cell wall, therefore it is indicated to eliminate specific infectious agents such as Staphylococcus aureus and Streptococcus that cause infections, serious changes and wounds in the area of the skin or soft tissues. (two)
- It is used to treat:
- Pneumonias, bronchopneumonia and bronchitis .
- Pharyngitis and tonsillitis.
- Lung abscesses.
- Impetigo and the ampollous impetigo.
- Furunculosis or variety of abscesses on the skin.
- Hydrosadenitis and cellulite .
- Osteomyelitis and pyoderma.
- Lyell syndrome.
- Ritter Syndrome.
- Staphylococcus and Streptococcus bacterial infections .
Dosage and routes of administration of the posipen
The posipen® can be purchased in different medical presentations , highlighting the solutions (from 125 mg to 250 mg), capsules (from 250 mg to 500 mg), injectable solutions of 500 mg and also prolonged release tablets of 1 g to 500 mg of Dicloxacillin, mostly its route of administration is oral or intravenous . The doses of posipen® in the form of capsules or tablets are as follows:
- Adults: It is recommended to administer 1 capsule or tablet, 2 capsules can also be administered every 6 hours a day.
- Children from 7 years to 12 years: It is recommended to only administer the pediatric posipen® from 1 capsule or tablet to 2 capsules every 6 hours a day.
side effects of posipen
The posipen® is a medication that, like others with antibiotic characteristics, can bring certain adverse effects while acting with its inhibitory effect on bacterial agents such as Staphylococcus . For such cases, prior knowledge of these adverse reactions is recommended:
Important: If you have any adverse effect that lasts and interferes with your health, you should stop using it to go immediately to a respective specialist doctor.
Contraindications and warnings of the posipen
Despite its positive effects on the body and its defences, posipen® is not indicated for a certain population of patients with delicate diseases, which could have a negative interaction with the active ingredient of this type of medicine. Therefore, it is not recommended in cases of:
- Hypersensitivity to the active ingredient.
- Allergy to penicillin .
- Liver failure.
Avoid if you have:
- Frequent use of contraceptives.
- Citrus-rich diet.
- It is advisable to use this drug with a prescription or prescription.
- Remember to keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
- Keep the drug sealed in a dry place.
- The drug should be kept at room temperature.
University Professional in the area of Human Resources, Postgraduate in Occupational Health and Hygiene of the Work Environment, 14 years of experience in the area of health. Interested in topics of Psychology, Occupational Health, and General Medicine.