What is pemix?
Pemix® is the name or trademark of a synthetically manufactured drug which uses cinitapride as an active ingredient , a chemical compound that belongs to the line of prokinetic drugs, with an effect on the motility of the smooth muscles of the gastrointestinal system.
To be highlighted: This medicine is made by the company called Industrias Farmacéuticas Almirall, SA and distributed in Mexico by GRÜNENTHAL DE MÉXICO, SA de CV
What is pemix used for?
- Thanks to the mechanism of action of cinitapride, pemix ® improves the motility of the digestive tract , thus accelerating gastric emptying and delaying gastrointestinal transit.
- It is used to treat:
Dosage and routes of administration of pemix
Pemix® is sold in a box with cinitapride bitartrate tablets, equivalent to 1 mg of cinitapride, or in sachets with granulated powder with the same concentration. The administration in both cases is orally and the dosage for information purposes can be as follows:
- Adults: Take one tablet or one sachet dispensed in water three times a day, fifteen minutes before each meal.
side effects of pemix
Therapeutic treatment with pemix® can cause some of the following adverse effects in a certain patient population:
- Possible allergic reactions due to contact with any component of the formula.
- Extrapyramidal reactions with spasms of the muscles of the face, neck and tongue.
- Rash, pruritus and angioedema.
- May alter the absorption of other drugs.
- It can enhance the therapeutic action of drugs directed at the central nervous system (CNS).
Important: If during treatment with pemix® appear any of these symptoms or another not included in this list, please stop using it and consult your doctor .
Contraindications and warnings of pemix
The use of pemix® is contraindicated in the following circumstances:
- People with hypersensitivity to any of the components of the product.
- Presence of bleeding, obstructions or perforations in the digestive tract.
- In children and adolescents.
- Patients with proven tardive dyskinesia to neuroleptics.
- During the pregnancy period.
- During breastfeeding .
You should know: Provide your doctor with all the information about your health history, before starting treatment with pemix®.
Avoid if you have:
- History of hypersensitivity to cinitapride or to any component of the pemix® formula.
- Serious disease in the digestive system .
- Pharmaceutical products such as pemix® must be administered with a prescription or prescription.
- Do not administer in the elderly population for long periods of time.
- For effective treatment, follow the directions of your doctor or pharmacist.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children.
- During treatment with this drug, it is recommended not to drive vehicles or operate precision machinery, due to its effects on the CNS.
- Store this product in a cool, dry place.