What is norflex plus?
Norflex plus® is a medication and commercial line product, whose composition has the active substances of paracetamol or acetaminophen and orphenadrine citrate, which have analgesic and anticholinergic characteristics at the muscular and skeletal level.
Note: Norflex plus® is part of the medicines manufactured and distributed by More Pharma Corporation laboratories . (1)
What is norflex plus used for?
- The norflex plus® serves to sleep muscle tissue . On the one hand, paracetamol acts as an inhibitor of prostaglandin substances and acetylcholine stimulates muscle contractions and nerve cells, apart from the drug stops the central function of cyclooxygenases , directly related to pain and inflammation. On the other hand, orphenadrine is in charge of acting on the central nervous system , with a depression effect to relax the muscles in its entirety. (two)
- It is used to treat:
Dosage and routes of administration of norflex plus
Norflex plus® is presented in boxes of 50 to 30 capsules or, failing that, 50 tablets of 450 mg to 500 mg of the active metabolites, with an oral route of administration. The recommended norflex plus® doses are as follows:
- Adults: It is recommended to administer 1 tablet or 2 tablets three times a day maximum.
side effects of norflex plus
Treatment with norflex plus® brings with it possible side effects that, if present and prolonged, the administration of the drug should be stopped immediately and a doctor or specialist should be seen. Therefore, the adverse effects of norflex plus® are the following:
- blurred vision
- Dry mouth.
Contraindications and warnings of norflex plus
Norflex plus® is contraindicated for a certain population of patients who, due to suffering from certain conditions, may have a negative response to the administration of this medication and affect their health. In this sense, the best-known contraindications for which information is available are the following:
- Allergies to active metabolites.
- Children under 12 years.
- Liver failure.
- Renal insufficiency.
Avoid if you have:
- urinary retention .
- Prostatic hypertrophy (enlarged prostate).
- Obstructive disorders of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Closed angle glaucoma.
- Myasthenia gravis (fatigue in the muscles).
- The medicine should be kept out of the reach of children.
- It is advisable to avoid direct contact with sunlight.
- The drug should be kept in a cool place at an ideal temperature of 30°.
- Preferably the medication should be administered under a medical prescription.