What is neo melubrine?
Neo melubrin®is a synthetic medicinewhose active substance ismetamizole sodium, which acts as an analgesic and antipyretic agent. It should be noted that this drug is a trademark patented bySanofi Aventis Laboratory. (1)
What is neo melubrine for?
- Neo melubrin thanks to its active ingredient, is used for the symptomatic relief of pain, inflammationand increased body temperature, as a® response of the immune system in defense of attacks due to various pathologies. (2)
- It is used to treat:
Dosage and routes of administration of neo melubrine
Neomelubrine® comes asa tablet, syrup, suppository, solution for injection, and drops. The dosage and route of administration are usually as follows, but you should go to the recommendation of a doctor:
- Neo melubrin tablets of 500 mg box with 10 tablets: In adults and children over 15 years of age it is recommended to® administer 1 to 2 tablets in a single dose. (5)
- Neo melubrin children’s® syrup 100 ml: In children from 3 to 11 months of age, 25 ml should be administered; for children from 1 to 3 years of age 5 ml; for children from 4 to 6 years 75 ml; for patients from 7 to 9 years 10 ml and for patients from 10 to 12 years 15 ml.
- Neo melubrina® suppositories: In adults and children 1 suppository via rectally, maximum up to 4 times a day.
- Neo melubrin® solution for injection 1 gr/2 ml: Only recommended if oral or rectal medication is not possible and its route of administration is intramuscular.
- Neo melubrin® drops 10 ml: In children from 2 to 5 drops per day; in adults 20 to 40 drops a day.
Neo Melubrin Side Effects
This medication may cause some of the following side effects in certain patients: in certain patients:
- Allergic reactions due to contact with any component of neo melubrin®.
- Urticaria or comezon.
- Dyspnea (difficulty breathing).
- Decrease or increase in blood pressure.
- Some gastrointestinal disorders (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea).
- Agranulocytosis (low neutrophil count).
- Alterations in the hematological count.
Important: In case of presenting any of these symptoms or any other not included in the list, it is recommended to discontinue the use of the medication and consult a doctor.
Contraindications and warnings of neomelubrin
Neo melubrine®is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Hypersensitivity to the active metabolite of neomelubrin® (methamizole sodium).
- Heart failure.
- Impaired functions in the bone marrow.
- Children under 3 years.
- Presence of rhinitis.
- During pregnancy or lactation period.
To highlight: Before starting treatment with this drug, it is advisable to Review your medical history with your doctor.
Avoid if you have:
- Congenital glucose deficiency.
- Hepatic porphyria.
- If you drink alcoholic beverages, you may increase the risk and effect of your symptoms.
- In asthmatic or atopic patients, it must be under medical supervision.
- The administration of neo melubrina® without medical supervision can cause anaphylactic shock that can put the patient’s life at risk.
- Neomelubrin® should only be administered in those cases where its use is necessary.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.