What is nediclon?
Nediclon® is a medicine that belongs to the line of drugs withanti-inflammatory and antirheumatic effect with analgesic action, since it contains as an active ingredient diclofenac sodium(1), a chemical compoundfor the short-term treatment of musculoskeletal ailments.
To highlight: This medicine is manufactured in Mexico by the company namedBruluagsa, S.A. de C. V. (2)
What is nediclon for?
- Nediclon® thanks to its active ingredient, inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandins PGE2 and thromboxane TBX1 avoiding its sensitizing effect on pain receptors, for the relief of inflammatory and painful conditions.
- It is used to treat:
- Inflammatory and painful conditions of rheumatic diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and episodes of acute gout. (3)
- In the case of pain and post-surgical inflammation in dental and orthopedic surgery.
- Post-traumatic injuries.
- Primary dysmenorrhea.
- Low back pain, periarthritis, tenosynovitis and bursitis.
Dosage and routes of administration of nediclon
Nediclon® is sold as100mg diclofenac sodium, extended-release tablets. The route of administrationis oraland the dose for informational purposes may be as follows:
- Adults: For short-term therapy such as in the long-term treatment of painful conditions, a dose of 1 tablet of 100 mg per day is recommended.
Nediclon Side Effects
Clinical data indicate that the therapeutic use of nediclon® may cause some of the following adverse effects in certain patients :
- Allergic reactions due to contact with any component of the formula.
- Epigastric pain, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea .
- Abdominal cramps, dyspepsia, flatulence and anorexia.
- Gastrointestinal bleeding, gastric or intestinal ulcer with or without bleeding or perforation.
- Aphthous stomatitis, glossitis, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, constipation , and pancreatitis.
- Stevens Johnson Syndrome .
- Headaches, dizziness, vertigo and drowsiness.
Important: Please stop using it and consult your doctor if you experience any symptoms described or others not included in this list.
Contraindications and warnings of nediclon
Treatment with nediclon® is contraindicated in the following situations:
- Hypersensitivity to any component of the formula.
- Patients with peptic ulcer .
- Bleeding from the digestive tract.
- During the period of pregnancy or during Breastfeeding
You should know: Provide all information about your health history to your doctor, before starting treatment with nediclon®.
Avoid if you have:
- History of acute allergy after the administration of acetylsalicylic acid .
- History of asthma attacks, urticaria or acute rhinitis.
- History of hypersensitivity to diclofenac sodium.
- Medications such as nediclon®, must be administered with a prescription or prescription.
- Treatment with nediclon® must be constantly monitored, in treatment with people with gastric problems.
- Diclofenac has been reported to increase plasma concentrations of lithium by decreasing its renal excretion, so caution should be exercised in its administration.
- You must inform your doctor if you are being medicated with other drugs for other pathologies.
- This pharmaceutical product must be kept out of the reach of children.
University Professional in the area of Human Resources, Postgraduate in Occupational Health and Hygiene of the Work Environment, 14 years of experience in the area of health. Interested in topics of Psychology, Occupational Health, and General Medicine.