Mydocalm-a® is a combined medication that uses a mixture of two active ingredients : paracetamol and tolperisone (1) , two chemical compounds belonging to the line of analgesic and muscle relaxant medications, respectively, with an effect on the striated muscles of the human body .
To highlight: This pharmaceutical product is made in Mexico by the company named CHINOIN PRODUCTOS FARMACÉUTICOS, SA de CV (2)
What is mydocalm-a used for?
- Mydocalm-a®, with the action of its active ingredients, acts at the level of the central nervous system, modifying the abnormal muscle tone present in alterations of the pyramidal pathway, in addition to raising the pain threshold and having an effect on the thermoregulatory center of the hypothalamus . These actions work at the neuromuscular level, as an effective muscle relaxant analgesic .
- It is used to treat:
- Pathological processes accompanied by pain, which are associated with increased tone of the striated musculature. (3)
- Muscle spasm resulting directly from trauma.
- Spasm due to twisting of the extremities.
- Secondary spasms, inflammatory and non-inflammatory states from fibrositis, myositis, arthritis, lumbago and torticollis .
Dosage and routes of administration of mydocalm-a
The usual presentation of mydocalm-a® is in a box with capsules, containing 50 mg tolperisone hydrochloride and 300 mg of paracetamol. The administration is orally and the dosage as a reference, can be the following:
- Tablets: An initial dose of 1 capsule every 6 or 8 hours is recommended, according to the doctor’s recommendation.
side effects of mydocalm-a
Clinical data indicate that pharmacological treatment with mydocalm-a® may cause some of the following adverse effects in a certain patient population:
- Possible appearance of allergic reactions due to contact with any component of the formula.
- Anemia , liver damage, methemoglobinemia.
- Vomiting , nausea, gastric intolerance , and epigastric pain.
- Urticaria, jaundice and leukopenia.
- Drowsiness, lasitude and sensation of fatigue.
Important: If any of these symptoms appear during treatment with mydocalm-a®, please discontinue use and notify your doctor .
Contraindications and warnings of mydocalm-a
This drug is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Patient hypersensitivity to any of the components of the formula.
- Patients with myasthenia gravis or liver diseases.
- Patients with anticoagulant medication or who suffer from coagulation disorders.
- People with active peptic ulcer .
- During pregnancy or breastfeeding .
You should know: Before starting treatment with this drug, provide all the information regarding your health history to your doctor.
Avoid if you have:
- History of hypersensitivity to any of the components of the formula.
- History of liver or kidney disease.
- Products such as mydocalm-a® must be administered with a prescription or prescription.
- Avoid administering for prolonged periods of time.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions during treatment with this drug.
- Do not exceed the dose indicated by your doctor.