What is mometasone?
Mometasone is a type ofchemical substance present in different commercial drugsor, failing that, generics. It hasantipruritic and glucocorticoid characteristics, being extensive in the field of anti-inflammatory or antiallergic drugs related tohormonesthat are activated by the immune system’s response.
What is mometasone for?
- Mometasone has a mechanism of actiondivided into two parts because it is glucocorticoids, which in medications are known as powerful anti-inflammatories and immunosuppressants, in addition to acting as an antipruritic that can only relieve itching depending on the area that is located. To a greater extent, the substance inhibits thesynthesis of inflammatory hormonessuch as prostaglandins, stops edema and slows down the responses of the immune system at unwanted times. (1)
- It is used to treat:
Dosage and routes of administration of mometasone
Mometasone furoate is commonly found in presentations of ointments or creams, as it is a substance used very frequently for skin infections , however it also has a function at the level of solutions for nasal cases. The most indicated doses with mometasone are the following:
- Adults: In the form of creams or ointments, it is enough to apply the ointment once a day in a previously washed area to disinfect and prevent any risk.
What products contain mometasone?
Some of the medicines that contain mometasone are:
- Elica® is a Commercial drug that is manufactured and distributed by Undra Laboratories . (two)
- It is obtained in the presentation of ointments and creams of approximately 100 mg.
- This type of drug can be metabolized very quickly, making its effect take as little time as possible to act on the system.
- Konex® belongs to the group of commercial medicines that are distributed by Serra Pamies laboratories . (3)
- It is obtained in the form of skin solutions in bottles with approximately 30 ml or 60 ml of the active ingredient, highlighting its route of administration in the form of skin application.
- It is a type of drug that is recommended to be administered under a strict medical prescription.
- Momexin® is a commercial drug that is manufactured and distributed by the pharmaceutical company G and W Laboratories . (4)
- The presentation of this type of anti-inflammatory drug is in the form of gel or cream for topical application , being essential for the dermal layers.
- When there are no adequate responses, it is recommended to stop its use to opt for antifungal drug prescriptions .
- Elocom® is a type of medicine that is marketed under the seal of Almus Farmacéuticas laboratories . (5)
- It comes as mometasone furoate 1 mg ointment or lotion , which is applied directly to the skin.
- It is recommended to suspend its use if there is constant irritation that does not go away.
side effects of mometasone
Mometasone furoate is a well-tolerated substance in generic or commercial drugs, however it can normally present certain adverse reactions, of which prior knowledge is required. It is important to be aware of the following effects or reactions:
- dysmenorrhea .
- Gastrointestinal pain.
Important: If effects persist, stop taking mometasone medications and see a doctor immediately.
Contraindications and warnings of mometasone
The use of medicines with mometasone is not indicated for certain patients , since the interaction with different diseases or conditions Can Worsen The Healthof those who are being treated with this metabolite. For the same reason, it is not recommended for:
- Hypersensitivity to the active substance.
- Pregnancy and lactation .
You should know: Before using drugs with mometasone it is important that you inform your doctor about your health history , in order to avoid unwanted reactions.
Avoid it if you have:
- Adrenal insufficiency.
- Infection with the bacteria Candida albicans .
- Medicines with this substance should be used, preferably under a prescription or medical prescription.
- Keep mometasone drugs out of the reach of children.
- Keep medicines with this metabolite in dry and cool places.
- Store this drug at room temperature.