What is lunarium?
Lunarium® is the name of a commercial line medical product , which has pinaverium (pinaverium bromide ) and dimethicone as active compounds , providing antiflatulence and antispasmodic characteristics in the mucous walls, motility and control of the transit of the gastrointestinal system .
Note: Lunarium® is part of the medicines that are manufactured and distributed by Italmex laboratories . (1)
What is the lunarium for?
- Lunarium® is a drug that serves as a treatment for conditions in the gastrointestinal tract and its mucosal walls. On the one hand, pinaverium bromide has a mechanism of action that relaxes the smooth muscles of the intestine, by inhibiting the passage of calcium channels in the smooth muscle walls. While dimethicone prevents the accumulation of gases in the digestive system , it is therefore classified as a very effective defoamer to prevent constipation, pain or intestinal discomfort. (two)
- It is used to treat:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
- Nervous colitis .
- Abdominal distension.
- intestinal dysfunctions.
Lunarium Dosage and Routes of Administration
Lunarium® comes in a box presentation containing 15 capsules , 56 capsules and a maximum of 64 capsules of 400 mg (of pinaverium bromide and dimethicone) including additional excipients in the chemical formula, with an oral route of administration. . The most recommended doses of lunarium® are the following:
- Adults: To start treatment, it is recommended to administer 1 capsule of 400 mg three times a day, with plenty of water and before eating.
Lunarium Side Effects
Lunarium® can bring with it certain adverse effects with a very low incidence, but in any case, the patient is not recommended to be careless in this section. Therefore, the most frequent reactions are the following:
- Diarrhea .
- abdominal pain
Important: You should suspend the use of this medication if side effects appear that are prolonged and interfere with the patient’s health, after that, see your specialist doctor.
Lunarium contraindications and warnings
Lunarium® is contraindicated for certain patients , in order to prevent certain reactions or negative interactions during treatment with this antifoaming and muscle analgesic drug. It is important to know that its administration is not recommended in these cases:
- Allergy to the compounds of the formula.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- Children under 12 years old.
- esophagitis .
Avoid if you have:
- peptic ulcer .
- Intestinal perforation.
- Colon irritable.
- Intestinal dyspepsia.
- Its consumption is recommended under a medical prescription.
- The drug should be kept out of the reach of children.
- Keep this drug reserved in a dry place.
- Always keep at room temperature.
University Professional in the area of Human Resources, Postgraduate in Occupational Health and Hygiene of the Work Environment, 14 years of experience in the area of health. Interested in topics of Psychology, Occupational Health, and General Medicine.