What is lansoprazole?
Lansoprazole is an active substance present in generic medicines and also in commercial line drugs . It is used especially as a treatment for conditions of the stomach organ and the acid that is produced in it.
Note: Lansoprazole acts as an inhibitor , combining it with antibiotics decreases the effects of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
What is lansoprazole used for?
- The lansoprazole substance in its medicines have a precise mechanism of action as proton pump inhibitors of the gastrointestinal system, which are directly related to gastric secretion and increased acid in the stomach. (1)
- It is used to treat:
Dosage and routes of administration of lansoprazole
Lansoprazole is found in the presentation of bottles or boxes, with capsules or tablets whose percentage of the substance varies depending on the patented medicine. Its route of administration is oral and the doses of lansoprazole are usually as follows:
- Adults: Administer 1 capsule or tablet once a day from 2 weeks to a maximum of 4 weeks.
You should know: To treat Helicobacter pylori , 2 lansoprazole tablets are administered for 7 days combined with antibiotics, as indicated in your previous medical prescription .
What products contain lansoprazole?
Some of the medicines that contain lansoprazole are:
- Pro Ulco®
- Lanzol® is a commercial medication , manufactured and distributed by Teva Pharma laboratories . (two)
- It contains in its formula the substance lansoprazole and inert substances (excipients) such as corn starch, sucrose and also potato starch.
- It comes in the presentation of 15 mg and 30 mg capsules, with a characteristic of being hard and gastro-resistant.
- Opiren® is from the commercial line of drugs from Almirall laboratories. (3)
- In addition to lansoprazole, it has a variety of excipients, including sucrose, magnesium carbonate, titanium dioxide, and potassium hydroxide.
- Its presentation in capsules contains 15 mg to 30 mg of lansoprazole and the excipients included.
- Monolitum® is a medicine produced and distributed by Salvat laboratories. (4)
- It is composed of lansoprazole and additive inert substances such as corn starch, polysorbate and sucrose.
- It is found in the presentation of hard and gastro-resistant capsules of approximately 15 mg to 30 mg.
- Pro ulco® is a medicine belonging to the commercial line of Viatris Pharma laboratories . (5)
- It includes the active principle of lansoprazole and additional inert excipients of sucrose or corn starch in its composition.
- It is marketed in the form of hard and gastro-resistant capsules, with 30 mg of the active substances.
Lansoprazole Side Effects
Lansoprazole treatment has certain side effects despite its prowess , it is important that if these reactions persist the use of this drug is suspended to inform your doctor or specialist pharmacist. You should be aware of the following side effects:
- Abdominal pain or heartburn.
- Diarrhea .
Lansoprazole contraindications and warnings
Lansoprazole administration is limited to certain patients, as they may react negatively during treatment, if they suffer from any contrary condition that may not promote recovery. Therefore, this medication is not recommended in the following cases:
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the formula.
- Heart failure.
- Liver failure.
- Pregnancy and lactation .
Avoid if you have:
- Severe renal failure.
- Fructose intolerance.
- Absorptive deficit for glucose.
- Low tolerance to galactose.
- It is necessary to use this drug with a previous medical prescription.
- Keep this medication out of the reach of children.
- Keep jars properly sealed.
- This drug should be stored in a dry place, at an ideal temperature of 30°.
University Professional in the area of Human Resources, Postgraduate in Occupational Health and Hygiene of the Work Environment, 14 years of experience in the area of health. Interested in topics of Psychology, Occupational Health, and General Medicine.