What is lacteol fort?
Lacteol fort®is theregistered trademark of a pharmaceutical productthat belongs to the line of antidiarrheal drugs, which uses as its main component lactobacillus acidophilus, a bacterium of the genusLactobacillus usedin the maintenance and balance of the intestinal bacterial flora.
To highlight: This pharmaceutical product is made by the company calledCARNOT LABORATORIOS.
What is lacteol fort for?
- Thanks to the beneficial action of its bacteria, lacteol fort®provides a spatial blockadeof the sites of fixation of enteropathogenic germs, having a bactericidal and antiviral action, also produces non-specific immunostimulation of the mucosa. All this leads to the increaseper seofdefensive and immune barriers against pathogenic microorganisms, product of the consumption of antibiotics.
- It is used to treat:
Dosage and routes of administration of lacteol fort
The presentations of Lacteol Fort ® are in capsule content of 170 mg (5 billion) or in sachet containing powder with 340 mg ( 10 billion) . The administrationis oraland the dosage for informational purposes may be as follows:
- Capsules 170 mg: Children over 12 years of age and adults take 2 capsules every 12 hours with water or juice, for 4 to 7 days. Infants and children under 12 years of age, the dose is at the discretion of the attending physician.
Side effects of lacteol fort
Clinical data indicate that therapeutic treatment with lacteol fort may® causesome of the following adverse effects in certain patients :
- Possible allergic reactions of the patient due to contact with any component of the formula.
- Diarrhea or constipation .
- Mild nausea or vomiting .
- Mild gas or Colic.
Important: If the patient presents some of these symptoms or another not described, please stop using this drug and consult your doctor .
Contraindications and warnings of lacteol fort
The use of lacteol fort® is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Patient hypersensitivity to any of the components of the formula.
- In cases of diarrhea with fever or vomiting, without consulting a doctor.
- In stages of pregnancy and lactation , without medical supervision.
You should know: The patient must provide all the information about his medical history to his doctor, before starting treatment with lacteol fort®.
Avoid if you have:
- History of hypersensitivity to any of the components of the drug.
- Pharmaceutical products such as lacteol fort® must be administered with a prescription or medical prescription.
- Keep in mind that for the success of the treatment, you must follow the instructions of your doctor.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
- Keep this product out of the reach of children.
- Store this medication in a cool, dry place.