What is kitoscell?
Kitoscell® is the name of a type of commercial line medicine, with characteristics of an antifibrotic agent and that is used specifically for healing of the skin and epidermal layers, which is possible thanks to its chemical formulation composed of the active principle of pirfenidone .
To highlight: This drug is a product created and also produced by Cell Pharma laboratories . (1)
What is the kitoscell used for?
- Kitoscell® is part of the medicines capable of treating scars in affected areas of the skin (from acne to blemishes), since pirfenidone is a collagen stimulant and balances the accumulation of cytokines , which promote the proliferation process. of fibroblasts, an essential means of repairing blemishes in living skin tissue affected by breaks, burns, or other damage to them. (two)
- It is used to treat:
- burn condition .
- Scars from cosmetic surgery.
- Scars from caesarean sections.
- Acne scars.
- Skin lesions.
Dosage and routes of administration of kitoscell
Kitoscell® comes in the form of a gel with a minimum of 3.5 g, up to 30 g and a maximum of 90 g of the active ingredient, with a precise topical administration route. The doses of kitoscell® are the following:
- Adults: Apply the gel 2 times up to a maximum of 3 times a day , the duration of treatment can continue for at least 6 months.
Note: It is necessary to thoroughly clean and disinfect the affected area of the dermis before applying the kitoscell®.
Kitoscell Side Effects
The treatment with the use of kitoscell gel®, can bring with it a series of adverse effects that, if the patient’s situation appears and worsens, it is necessary to suspend the use of this medical gel to go to the dermatologists who evaluate the medical prescription. The most notorious adverse reactions are the following:
- Burning in the skin.
- Dermatitis .
- Sensitivity to sunlight (photosensitivity).
Kitoscell contraindications and warnings
Kitoscell gel® is not indicated in the recovery process of certain patients, whose conditions or special factors may worsen and endanger their health if this type of commercial medication is administered. Therefore, it is contraindicated for the following cases:
- Hypersensitivity to the active principle.
- Children under 12 years.
- Pregnancy and lactation .
Avoid if you have:
- Kidney diseases.
- Liver affections.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children.
- Keep the gel sealed at all times.
- Use preferably according to a medical prescription.
- The drug should not be used under the influence of alcohol.