What is immunocal?
Immunocal® initially called HMS-90 , is the trademark of a product that belongs to the line of food supplements , which is made from a set of amino acids and proteins that allow the maintenance of adequate levels of glutathione, in people with special feeding conditions and needs. (1)
To highlight: This food supplement is made by the company named Immunotec Inc. (2)
What is immunocal used for?
- Immunocal® contains a large amount of the amino acid cysteine which, when metabolized in the body, helps maintain good glutathione levels , a powerful antioxidant whose function (among others) is to regenerate other antioxidants such as vitamin C and E. , helping to counteract the harmful effects of free radicals , molecules that cause the death of healthy cells in the body. In addition, it contains bioactive protein derived from whey, which helps rebuild muscle tissue in order to maintain healthy and strong muscle mass. especially in athletes.
- It is used to treat:
- Some depressive states of the immune system.
- Premature aging of healthy cells.
- Glutathione deficiency, to promote the functioning of the immune system.
- People with oxidative stress problems.
- Chronic disease processes arising through biological aging.
Dosage and routes of administration of immunocal
The presentation of immunocal® is in a 12.5 gr envelope, containing a mixture of amino acids and natural proteins. Immunocal platinum® is also sold, with a formula of additional ingredients to meet other needs. Administration is orally and the suggested dosage may be as follows:
- General population: Take immunocal® 1 to 2 sachets per day with water or juice or during meals that do not contain a significant source of protein.
side effects of immunocal
Therapeutic treatment with immunocal® can cause some of the following adverse effects in certain patients :
- Possible allergic reactions due to contact with any ingredient of the formula.
- vomit .
- Diarrhea .
- abdominal pain
- Stomach swelling if adequate hydration is not given.
- Skin irritations .
- colic .
Important: If during treatment with immunocal® any of these symptoms or another not included in the list appear, please stop using it and consult your doctor.
Contraindications and warnings of immunocal
The use of immunocal® is contraindicated in the following circumstances:
- Patient hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients of this dietary supplement.
- Patients under 35 years of age.
- Patients who have recently transplanted organs such as kidneys or liver.
- Patients with serious gastrointestinal diseases .
You should know: Before starting therapy with this dietary supplement, you must provide all the information about your medical history to your doctor.
Avoid if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients of this food supplement.
- Products like immunocal® do not require a prescription for their sale, however their administration must be supervised by a doctor.
- The product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.
- Keep this drug stored in a cool, dry place.
- Do not exceed the dosage recommended by the manufacturer.
- This product does not replace the therapeutic value of other medicines.
University Professional in the area of Human Resources, Postgraduate in Occupational Health and Hygiene of the Work Environment, 14 years of experience in the area of health. Interested in topics of Psychology, Occupational Health, and General Medicine.