What is graneodin f?
Graneodín f® is the trademark of a pharmaceutical drug that uses flurbiprofen as its active principle , a chemical ingredient belonging to the line of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), with an effect on inflammatory processes in the upper respiratory tract. .
To highlight: This pharmaceutical product is produced by the company named RECKITT BENCKISER LABORATORY.
What is graneodin f used for?
- Thanks to the mechanism of action of its active ingredient, graneodin f® acts by inhibiting prostaglandins , neurotransmitter substances that mediate pain and inflammation signals in the body, causing an anti-inflammatory effect to relieve pain and inflammation in the area . from the throat
- It is used to treat:
- Pain, burning, inflammation and acute throat irritation in adults and children such as nasopharyngitis, pharyngitis, pharyngitis and tonsillitis.
Dosage and routes of administration of graneodin f
The presentation of graneodín f® is in a box with 16 sugar-free honey-lemon-flavored or orange-flavored tablets, which contain 8.75 mg of flurbiprofen. The administration of this medicine is orally and the mode of dosing, as a reference, may be the following:
- Graneodín F® honey lemon or orange flavor : 1 tablet every 2 hours without exceeding a maximum of 8 per day.
side effects of graneodin f
Therapeutic treatment with graneodin f® can cause some of the following adverse effects in certain patients :
- Possible allergic reactions due to patient contact with any chemical component.
- Dizziness, headache , paresthesia.
- Sore throat, diarrhea , mouth ulceration
- Nausea, oral pain, oral paresthesia, oropharyngeal pain.
- Sensation of heat or burning or tingling in the mouth.
- Abdominal pain and vomiting .
- Heartburn, constipation , blood in the stool , dark or tarry stools.
- Runny nose, ringing in the ears.
Important: If during the use of this drug the patient presents some of these symptoms or another not described, please stop using it and notify your doctor .
Contraindications and warnings of graneodin f
The use of graneodin f® is contraindicated in the following circumstances:
- Patient hypersensitivity to the components of the formula.
- Patients with gastrointestinal bleeding and peptic ulcer .
- During the first trimester of pregnancy.
- During breastfeeding .
- Patients with severe heart failure.
- Hepatic insufficiency and severe renal insufficiency.
- Children under 6 years of age.
You should know: Before starting treatment with graneodin f®, provide all the information about your health history to your doctor.
Avoid if you have:
- History of hypersensitivity to flurbiprofen.
- Medication with aspirin or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatories of any other type such as ibuprofen .
- History of gastrointestinal bleeding or perforation.
- Severe colitis, bleeding or hematopoietic disorders.
- Pharmaceutical products such as graneodín f®, must be administered with prescription or medical prescription.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions while using this drug.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
- Keep this product out of the reach of children.
- Notify your doctor if you are being medicated for other pathologies.