What is fluomizin?
Fluomizin® is ananti-infective and antiseptic drug, whose main active compound is decualinium chloride that acts on bacteria that cause certain diseases.
Note: This medicine is a product patented and marketed byGedeon Richter laboratories. (1)
What is fluomyzin for?
- The main compound of fluomizin® isantiseptic and anti-infective, although it also has lactose monohydrate. This drug has a broad spectrum of action to reduce theenzymatic activities of fungi, protozoa orgram-positive aerobic bacteria or gram-negativeaerobic bacteria, to finally cause the death of these agents.
- It is used to treat:
- Bacterial vaginosis. (2)
Dosage and routes of administration of fluomizin
Fluomizin commonly comes as fluomizin®® 10 mg vaginal tablets, which are administered vaginally to act rapidly with the decualinium chloride compound. The following dosages are recommended:
- Adult Women: 1 vaginal tablet is used during a 6-day treatment, especiallyduring the nights before bedtime, applied with the legs slightly flexed (it is a total of 6 vaginal tablets).
To highlight: Do not follow the treatment with dequalinium chloride in a vaginal tablet, during the menstruation stage .
Fluomizin Side Effects
Fluomizin® can bring with it certain adverse reactions with varying frequency, despite its great prowess. Therefore we recommend being aware of these reactions:
Important: Discontinue the administration of the medication if the effects do not disappear and consult your doctor for recommendations in conditions such as bacterial vaginosis.
Contraindications and warnings of fluomizin
The mechanism of action of fluomizin® with 10 mg of dequalinium chloride, can interact negatively in a certain number of patients, therefore it has warnings in its use. For safety reasons, this drug is contraindicated in these cases:
- Hypersensitivity to the active compound.
- Girls without menstruation or sexual maturation.
- Ulcers on the cervix.
- Breastfeeding _
Avoid if you have:
- Diaphragms placed in the cervix.
- Vaginal dryness.
- Do not have sexual intercourse during treatment with this drug.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine if it is past its conservation date.
- Do not interrupt treatment with the exceptions of menstruation.
University Professional in the area of Human Resources, Postgraduate in Occupational Health and Hygiene of the Work Environment, 14 years of experience in the area of health. Interested in topics of Psychology, Occupational Health, and General Medicine.