What is floratil?
Floratil is a medicine of completely natural origin, made from the yeast of the mushroom family calledSaccharomyces boulardii CNCM I-745,which works as a probioticand belongs to the line of medicines with antidiarrheal®effect.
To highlight: This medicine is made by the company namedBiocodex.
What is floratile for?
- Floratil, thanks to its active ingredient of natural origin,® can help restorethe balance of the intestinal microbiota.
- It is used to treat:
Dosage and routes of administration of floratil
Floratil® presentations areboxedwith 6 and 12 capsules, containing lyophilisateSaccharomyces boulardii226.00 mg equivalent to 200.00 mg of live cells and 282.50 mg equivalent to 250.00 mg of live cells.
It is also sold in sachetswith lyophilized CNCM I-745 250 mg(4). The route of administration in both cases is oral and the usual dose is as follows:
- Capsules: Acute diarrhea in adults, 1 to 2 capsules 2 times a day. In children 12 to 18 years of age, 1 capsule 2 times a day. Chronic diarrhea and prophylaxis of diarrhea due to antibiotics, adults 1 capsule of 200 mg twice a day.
- Envelopes:Symptomatic treatment of acute nonspecific diarrhea and those produced by the administration of antibiotics, adults and adolescents from 12 years of age, 250 mg (1 envelope) 1 or 2 times a day. Prevention of diarrhea by the administration of antibiotic therapy in adults and adolescents from 12 years of age, 250 mg (1 sachet) once a day.
Side Effects of Floratil
The therapeutic use of floratil® can cause some of the following adverse effects in certain patients :
- Possible allergic reactions due to contact with any component of the formula.
- Infections and infestations can occur.
- may occur very rarely
- Rarely, urticaria, skin rash, local or generalized exanthema, and angioedema.
- Possible acid odor in stool .
Important: Please stop using it and consult your doctor if you notice any of these symptoms or another not included in the list during treatment with floratil®.
Contraindications and warnings of floratil
Treatment with floratil® is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Hypersensitivity to any component of the formula.
- People with a central venous catheter.
- Immunocompromised or hospitalized patients due to alteration/weakening of the immune system.
You should know: Provide all the information about your medical history to your doctor, before starting treatment with floratil®.
Avoid if you have:
- History of hypersensitivity to yeasts.
- Products such as floratil® must be administered with a prescription or prescription.
- This pharmaceutical product cannot be administered together with alcoholic beverages.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children.
- Store this medication in a cool, dry place.