What is flexiver?
The flexiver®is a combined synthetic drug belonging to the group ofnon-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), with two active ingredients that are meloxicam andmethocarbamolthat cause an anti-inflammatory, analgesic and relaxing effect on the joints, manufactured by the company calledMaver Laboratories. (1)
What is flexiver for?
- The flexiver® serves to treatpainful and inflammatory symptoms, caused by degenerative processes of the organism or because of trauma around the musculoskeletal system, blocking the effect of some enzymes that produce prostaglandins, to improvethe living conditions ofpatients.
- It is used to treat:
Flexiver dosage and routes of administration
The flexiver®comes as capsules or tablets, commonly boxed with 10 tablets in concentrations of7.5 mg meloxicam and 215 mg methocarbamol or 15 mg meloxicam and 215 mg methocarbamol. The administration is oral as follows:
- 7.5 mg/ 215 mg tablets or capsules: One tablet 2 times a day every 12 hours for 5 days with water.
- 15 mg/215 mg tablets or capsules: A single daily dose for 5 days with water.
Side effects of flexiver
The administration of flexiver® may cause in some patients, certain side effects such as the following:
- Nausea and diarrhea .
- Gastric bleeding and flatulence.
- Headache and fever .
- Depression and anxiety .
- Drowsiness and lightheadedness.
- Blurred visibility.
Important: In case of any side effect described above, it is recommended to see a medical professional and not self-medicate.
Contraindications and warnings of the flexiver
The use of flexiver® is contraindicated in the following cases:
- In patients with blood disorders such as arterial hypertension.
- Hypersensitivity to any of its components (meloxicam and methocarbamol).
- It should not be given in case of suspected pregnancy or during the lactation period.
- Do not administer if you suffer from liver cirrhosis.
To highlight: Before starting treatment with this medicine, it is recommended to inform the specialist doctor about your medical history.
Avoid if you have:
- Medication with acetylsalicylic acid due to the risk of cross-sensitivity.
- Kidney, liver or heart failure.
- Medication with other drugs without medical consultation.
- This medicine is for delicate use and must be under strict medical supervision.
- Keep out of children reach.
- Eat at meals.
- Do not exceed the dose indicated by the doctor.
- Do not consume while drinking alcoholic beverages, as it can cause depression.
University Professional in the area of Human Resources, Postgraduate in Occupational Health and Hygiene of the Work Environment, 14 years of experience in the area of health. Interested in topics of Psychology, Occupational Health, and General Medicine.