What is exicort?
Exicort®is the trademark of a synthetic medicinethat contains as an active ingredientetoricoxib, a chemical compound belonging to the line of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, with effect on some painful and inflammatory processes in the body.
To highlight: This pharmaceutical product is made by the company namedLABORATORIO MAVER, S.A. DE C.V.
What is exicort for?
- Thanks to its active component, exicort®preferentially inhibits the COX-2 isoenzymeand consequently the pathogenic prostaglandins and thromboxanes, which cause inflammation and pain in the body.
- It is used to treat:
Dosage and routes of administration of exicort
Exicort® eatsas a tabletcontaining 90 mg etoricoxib. The administrationis by oral route and the dosage in an informative way can be the following:
- Acute pain: The recommended dose is 120 mg once a day, for a period of no more than 8 continuous days.
- Post-surgical analgesia: The recommended dose is 90 mg once a day, for a maximum of 3 continuous days.
- Rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis: A dose of 120 mg once a day, for a maximum of 8 continuous days.
- Osteoarthritis (osteoarthritis) and rheumatoid arthritis: The usual dose is 30 mg once a day, but it can be increased according to the recommendation of the treating physician.
Side effects of exicort
Therapeutic treatment with exicort® may cause some of the following adverse effects in a certain patient population:
- Possible appearance of allergic reactions by contact with any component of the formula.
- Fluid retention .
- Dizziness and headache.
- Palpitations and risk of arterial hypertension.
- Abdominal pain, constipation , flatulence, or heartburn.
- Diarrhea , nausea and Vomiting .
Important: Stop using this medicine and Notify your doctor if any of the symptoms described or any other not included in the list appear during treatment with this drug.
Contraindications and warnings of exicort
The use of exicort® is contraindicated in the following circumstances:
- Patient hypersensitivity to any of the components of the formula.
- In patients under 16 years of age.
- After coronary bypass surgery.
- In uncontrolled hypertension.
- In suffering from moderate to severe heart failure.
- Kidney failure and severe liver failure.
- During pregnancy or breastfeeding .
You should know: Before starting treatment with this drug, provide all the information related to your medical history to your doctor.
Avoid if you have:
- History of hypersensitivity to the components of the formula, to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or to sulfonamides.
- Cardiovascular thrombosis, ischemic heart disease, cerebrovascular and peripheral arterial disease.
- Ulcerative colitis, Crohn ‘s disease , duodenal or gastric ulcer , gastrointestinal bleeding.
- Hypersensitivity to acetylsalicylic acid .
- Pharmaceutical products such as exicort®, must be administered with prescription or medical prescription.
- Do not take this medicine if you are being treated with other drugs, without the authorization of your doctor.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children.
- Avoid self-medicating, go to the doctor.