What is exaliv?
Exaliv®is a synthetic compound drug, in whose formulation are the active ingredients ofchlorphenamine, phenylephrine andparacetamolwithantihistamine, nasal decongestant, analgesic and antipyretic effect.
Note: This pharmaceutical product is patented by the company named Laboratorios MAVER. (1)
What is exaliv for?
- Exaliv® is a compound drug that is usually prescribedto treat the discomfort caused by some types of allergies.
- It is used to treat:
Dosage and routes of administration of exaliv
Exaliv® comes as a tablet with 2 mg chlorphenamine maleate, 5 mg phenylephrine hydrochloride and 325 mg paracetamol in a box of 20 or 30 pieces. Its administrationis orally with waterand the dose may be as follows, butit deprives the medical recommendation:
- Children over 12 years of age and adults: Oneto two tablets every 4 or 6 hours, as recommended by your doctor.
Exaliv Side Effects
The use of exaliv® may cause in certain patients, some of the followingadverse reactions:
- Possible allergic manifestations due to contact with any of the components of the formula.
- Effects on thecentral nervous systemsuch asanxiety, nervousness orinsomnia.
- Vertigo, headache, and drowsiness may occur.
- Tachycardia or some effect on blood vessels.
- Pulmonary edema.
Important: Stop exaliv® treatment and consult your doctor, if you notice the appearance of any of these symptoms or any other not included in the list.
Exaliv contraindications and warnings
The use of exaliv® is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Hypersensitivity to any of the components of the exaliv® formula.
- Patients with renal or hepatic insufficiency.
- People with cardiovascular failure or arterial hypertension.
- During the period of pregnancy or lactation.
You should know: Before starting treatment with exaliv®, it is advisable to provide all the information to your doctor about your medical history.
Avoid if you have:
- Medications such as exaliv® should not be administered during alcohol consumption.
- Its use is not recommended beyond 3 continuous days, as a nasal decongestant.
- Pharmaceutical products such as exaliv® should not be given to children under 12 years of age.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children.