What is enterogermina?
Enterogermina® is a probiotic medicine that contains Bacillus clausii spores in suspension as active principle , used to restore any imbalance in the functioning of the gastrointestinal system . (1)
Note: This medication is of Italian origin and is currently manufactured by the company named Sanofi-Aventi . (two)
What is enterogermina used for?
- Enterogermina® carries Bacillus clausii spores, which have a regenerative effect on the natural bacterial flora (good bacteria) of the intestine and thus help in the prophylaxis or treatment of some disorders in the functioning of our digestive system , caused by the alteration of bacteria and microorganisms, achieving proper digestion and absorption of nutrients, in addition to stimulating the body’s natural defenses.
- It is used to treat:
- Restoring the balance of disturbed intestinal flora.
- Intestinal infections, poisoning, diet disorders, chemotherapy and use of antibiotics.
- Diarrhea . (3)
Dosage and routes of administration of enterogermina
The presentation of enterogermina® is in 5 ml vials with 2 billion CFU, 5 ml vials with 4 billion CFU and in capsules. The route of administration is oral in both cases and the dose can be as follows:
- Ampoules: Infants and children under 12 years of age, one vial of two billion UFC every 12 hours or one vial of 4 billion UFC every 24 hours. Children over 12 years of age and adults, one vial of 2 billion UFC every 8 hours or one vial of 4 billion UFC every 24 hours.
- Capsules: Infants and children under 12 years of age, one to two capsules a day, diluting the contents of the capsule in a liquid or food. Children over 12 years of age and adults, one capsule every 8 hours.
enterogermina side effects
Treatment with enterogermina® may cause some of the following adverse effects in certain patients :
- Possible allergic reactions due to contact with any component of the medication.
- Skin rashes, angioedema and urticaria.
Important: If any of these symptoms or any other not included in the list appear during treatment with enterogermina®, stop using it and notify your doctor.
Contraindications and warnings of enterogermina
The use of this product is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Hypersensitivity to any of the formula’s components.
To highlight: Provide information to your doctor about your health history, before starting treatment with enterogermina®.
Avoid if you have:
- History of allergic reactions in treatment with enterogermina®.
- This medication is for oral use only.
- It is recommended that enterogermina® be administered by prescription or medical prescription.
- Although this drug has no restrictions during pregnancy or lactation , medical supervision is advisable.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children.
- Store this drug in a cool, dry place.