What is encontropina?
The encontropina® is the trademark of the combination of twoactive ingredientsthat areketorolactromethamine andbutylhyoscine bromide, two chemical compounds belonging to the line of drugs withanalgesic and antispasmodic effectrespectively and with action on the smooth muscles of the gastrointestinal and biliary tracts, used in the relief ofdifferent painful processes.
To highlight: This pharmaceutical product is made in Mexico by the company namedPRODUCTOS MEDIX, S.A. de C.V. (1)
What is the finding for?
- Thanks to its mechanism of action, the encontropina manages to inhibit the synthesis of prostaglandins that cause pain and inflammation, in addition to reducing motility, tone and secretions of the gastrointestinal and urogenital tracts, managing to®relieve the pain caused by contractions and spasms of the digestive and biliary tracts.
- It is used to treat:
Dosage and routes of administration of Encontropina
The presentation of Encontropina® is in a box with 10 or 20 tablets,In a container with ketorolac tromethamine 10 mg and butylhioscine bromide 20 mg. The administration of this drugis orally and the informative dose can be as follows:
- Adults: Take one tablet every 6 to 8 hours up to a maximum of 4 tablets per day, for as long as directed by your doctor.
Side Effects of Encounterin
Therapeutic treatment with encontropina® can cause in a certain population of patients , some of the following adverse effects:
- Possible appearance of allergic reactions due to contact with any component of the formula.
- Edema, hypertension, pruritus and hives.
- Abdominal pain , diarrhea and nausea.
- Anemia , dizziness, headache, drowsiness and nervousness.
- Myocardial infarction, erythema multiforme and erythroderma.
- Jaundice and renal dysfunction.
- Dyshidrosis, tachycardia and urinary retention .
Important: If any of these symptoms or any other symptoms not included in the list appear during treatment with this drug, please stop using it and consult your doctor .
Entropin Contraindications and Warnings
The pharmacological use of entropina® is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Hypersensitivity to any of the components of Encontropina®.
- Risk of bleeding.
- Disorders in hemostatic mechanisms.
- During pregnancy, labor or while breastfeeding
- Patients with advanced renal insufficiency.
- Untreated open angle glaucoma.
- Patients suffering from prostatic hyperplasia with urinary retention.
- In case of megacolon and myasthenia gravis.
- In minor children.
You should know: Provide all the information about your health history to your doctor, before starting treatment with encontropina®.
Avoid it if you have:
- History of hypersensitivity to ketorolac or aspirin , phenylacetic derivatives or other NSAIDs.
- History or current suffering from Peptic ulcer .
- Patients with gastrointestinal bleeding or perforation.
- Pharmaceutical products such as entropina®, must be administered with prescription or medical prescription.
- Notify your doctor if you are being medicated with other drugs for other pathologies, before starting treatment with Encontropina®.
- Treatment with this medication should not exceed 5 continuous days.
- This drug should not be administered by the epidural or intrathecal routes, simultaneously with other NSAIDs.
- Do not administer this medicine together with drinks that contain alcohol.
- Keep this drug out of the reach of children.
- Store this product in a cool, dry place.
University Professional in the area of Human Resources, Postgraduate in Occupational Health and Hygiene of the Work Environment, 14 years of experience in the area of health. Interested in topics of Psychology, Occupational Health, and General Medicine.